• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's Dune

North_Sky

Major Contributor
I like that Paul is appropriately younger, a teen, as he was in the books, as opposed to being portrayed as a mid 20-something.

I guess Jason Mamoa is Duncan Idaho?

Who is playing Gurney Halleck?

Post #31

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Take your time, there's no rush.
Unless you are worried about the cold and stealthy specter of death who is waiting for us all at an unknown time and place. Maybe there is a rush and you just don't know it ;)

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Unless you are worried about the cold and stealthy specter of death who is waiting for us all at an unknown time and place. Maybe there is a rush and you just don't know it ;)

Dune is set for December 18 in theaters. I have no clue where we'll be by that time.
That's roughly three months from now. Three months should be good enough to read some good books...Dune?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dune is set for December 18 in theaters. I have no clue where we'll be by that time.
That's roughly three months from now. Three months should be good enough to read some good books...Dune?

The divot in my sofa will be about 2 inches deeper by then. Definitely read Dune. The beginning of humankind's next big leap.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I wonder if that date will hold. Tenet has been doing terrible at the box office, it is apparently a good movie.

Studio execs might not be ready to postpone Dune until spring at this moment. But they might be a month from now.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if that date will hold. Tenet has been doing terrible at the box office, it is apparently a good movie.

Studio execs might not be ready to postpone Dune until spring at this moment. But they might be a month from now.

I suspect the industry and the viewers might have to accept cinemas arent and theatrical releases arent going to be viable for some time. That said , I cant remember a time I was in screening room more than 1/3 full pre lockdown. Which has to be "safe" from a distancing perspective.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
While I would like to be able to see it tomorrow, I actually hope they do postpone it until spring. We don't know if Covid will be around more due to winter conditions or not. If so the mid-December release might be a poor choice.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
According to top scientists COVID-19 is with us for a very long time; it's only a new adjustment/adaptation that we have to get used to with many vaccines in the future, til the next pandemic after this one.

So, if Dune holds on for December 18, one week before Christmas 2020, that'll be something else to look forward to.

As for Tenet, if they do Coronavirus tracing from theaters we might see scientific analyses about the spread of the virus due to Tenet's decision...Warner Bros and their investors. Are they going to do Coronavirus tracing? They should, it's for moviegoers' very best interest, their health/life and the lives of everyone else around them.

WB's bank account has zero to do with health, with life & death, minus zero.
I can wait til Tenet is released on 4K Blu-ray, I'm in no rush and besides it'll save me money from multiple viewings so that I can wrap my brain around real good.

Each day that we're alive is a good day, and December 18 is far far away from today.
Will it be a go, I just don't know.

GeorgeWalk

I read the original Dune series and loved it. I thought the movie sucked; it was unwatchable. I hope this version is better.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The original book = fabulous, possibly beyond fabulous. The movie, the SyFy series = total garbage. High hopes for this new effort, but no real confidence. But, without a vaccine I won't be going to a theater anytime soon. But I'd truly love to see it.

Top Bottom