• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trading Triangle Borea BR08 for Focal Chorus 726

CoolHandDuke

I've had my set of Triangle Borea BR08 floor standers for sale. Recently I kind of changed my mind and was deciding to keep them. I got an offer today for a trade to some Focal Chorus 726. They are 2 years old in good condition.

I have not heard the Focal so was curious what any of your impressions are of the Chorus line. I know it was recently updated to the Chora line. I believe both have inverted aluminum/MG tweeter vs Triangle silk dome. Both are 3 way with 1mid and 2 woofers.

I prefer the all white look of the Triangle vs the white sides (but black front) of the Focal. This is important to my wife. However, sound quality is biggest factor. Focal is built in France (I think) vs China if the makes any actual difference. The plinth on the Triangle is nice for extra stability, but Focal is 10lbs heavier.

I enjoy the Borea, but initially I was demoing them against a set of Ascend Sierra 2-EX and was selling the one I liked less (Sierra far and away the winner). After some time, I decided on the having the Sierras in a more dedicated spare bedroom to convert to music and gaming area and the Triangles would go downstairs in the larger open plan living room for general TV and casual listening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom