• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TPA3255 Amp for 2.1 similar power to Aiyima a07

landshark

I have an Aiyima A07 which I really like and would like to add a subwoofer into the mix. Is there a 2.1 unit with the TPA3255 in it that could provide the same power and signal to a pair of passive speakers and active subwoofer. If not, what's the best way to incorporate a subwoofer? My audio source and set up is as follows: Macbook pro > Aiyima Tube A3 Pro > Aiyima A07 > Bookshelf Speakers

raest

minidsp 2×4 HD is the most popular choice to properly integrate a sub :)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an Aiyima A07 which I really like and would like to add a subwoofer into the mix. Is there a 2.1 unit with the TPA3255 in it that could provide the same power and signal to a pair of passive speakers and active subwoofer. If not, what's the best way to incorporate a subwoofer? My audio source and set up is as follows: Macbook pro > Aiyima Tube A3 Pro > Aiyima A07 > Bookshelf Speakers
Not sure about your budget, but i hear the MiniDSP Flex is back in stock in a few days. This would solve the problem like the 2x4HD, but offers slightly better signal quality and a few more features. Remember to get a UMIK1 as well, otherwise the MiniDSP can't be used to it's full potential.

You can also just get an active subwoofer and go to the MiniDSP later. You would connect it to the preamp usingy a y-adapter or to the speaker output.

Sigfried

The 3.5mm jack on the back of the A07 can be run to an active subwoofer!!! I have not done this myself but the folks from Aiyima say it is so. There is info on the internet on it. Think the Cheapaudioman mentions it in his review of the A07. Great amp! I purchased 2. Actually, ridiculously good for the price.

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A subwoofer you connect speaker cable to and speaker cable from the sub to your bookshelf speakers

argbass8mk2wh_4.jpg

AVimg_31675.jpg

AVimg_27099.jpg

Last edited:

Sigfried

The 3.5mm jack on the back of the A07 can be run to an active subwoofer!!! I have not done this myself but the folks from Aiyima say it is so. There is info on the internet on it. Think the Cheapaudioman mentions it in his review of the A07. Great amp! I purchased 2. Actually, ridiculously good for the price. You would just need a long enough 3.5mm cable that splits into left and right RCA cable at the other end which would run into your powered subwoofer rca input terminal. Or as gasolin mentions above run off the speaker taps of the amp into the speaker terminals on the sub. So would be running wires to both the speakers and the subwoofer from the amp simultaneously doing it that way. This will probably allow you to use the crossover network of the subwoofer. Just running the 3.5 out of the back of the Aiyima will elminate the crossover (for the mains) i believe and the main speakers would still be running full range. You would get the extra low end of the subwoofer however. Not ideal with the 3.5mm out but it is doable.

Renaud

As @Sigfried said, 3.5mm out is not a great option since the volume of that output isn't following the main volume control.
The below picture has a nice explanation:
617Hqtg6vdL._SL1000_.jpg

Midnight Audiophile

I run two active subs from the 3.5mm aux. out on the A07. As noted, it's a signal pass-through so no volume control with A07 pot. I just pair mine with a DAC that has a good pre-amp volume control. I'm currently using an ifi Zen Signature DAC but also just got an FX Audio DAC-SQ3 to test out (which also works as pre-amp volume control). Another thing to note (not an issue running a single sub) is that on the older A07s the L and R channels are reversed on the 3.5mm aux. out. So if you're using it as a pass-through and maintaining the stereo signal (which I use this way on a second A07 I have), be sure to check the L and R channels. This may have been fixed on later models but I can't say for sure.

Graham849

Forum Donor

nsfgp

Just get a sub with speaker level input and no need to get another amp. It actually may work better too for music. The sub speaker wire does not need to be heavy gauge and should not be hard to tap it into the same banana plug into the A07 binding post.

Just FYI Aiyima A08 Pro(sub out), Aiyima A200 are both new and uses 3255.

Scrufboy

I run my Aiyima A07 with the Aiyima A3001... Both powered from the same power supply. I run the Drok 48v 10A at 34V

From my Schiit Hel2e DAC via 3.5mm male to male to the A07, then RCA out to the RCA input of the A3001. Then sub out from the A3001 to my SVS

I did see the new A08 pro... Looking forward to a teardown and review.

I actually have 3 A07's. And 2 A3001's. Been tinkering with them a bit and might go further with cap and inductor replacements. Plus, if I break one... Etc. Which is bound to happen. I can't even get the knob off of one of them.

Today I'll be looking into replacing the Rca sockets on the A3001. Had a twist of a subwoofer cable from mediabridge absolutely destroy the sub out.

Top Bottom