• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tough decision M400 or X-SABRE Pro MQA?

chairephon

I've a tough decision to make. I'm looking for a DAC for my LAP-2.V4-S from Funk Tonstudiotechnik.

Which one would you pick?

gvl

Major Contributor
Check your bank account and if you have enough there for either then proceed to flip a coin.

gvl

Major Contributor
If seriously I'd be tempted to save some money and go with the M400 even though I do think that the Matrix unit is in a league above the SMSL. One thing to be aware of that M400 has high output impedance so you'll need to be careful with amp pairing, but these Funk pres seem to have very high input impedance of 2MOhm? if this review is right, so shouldn't be an issue with what you have now.

gvl

Major Contributor
The input impedance of the Funk (LAP-2.V4-S) is also 2MOhm.

You should be good then, if anything M400 multitone seem to be a hair better than the X-Sabre Pro, not that it's something you will be able to hear.

OP
C

chairephon

You should be good then, if anything M400 multitone seem to be a hair better than the X-Sabre Pro, not that it's something you will be able to hear.

So the M400 iS slightly better than the X-Sabre Pro?

Tks

Major Contributor
The two are in totally different price categories. Performance is about the same, but the finishing on the Matrix is just ridiculously good it's not even funny.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Get the cheapest one, or the one with with the functions you need.

Top Bottom