• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Total Eclipse Anyone?

Speedskater

Major Contributor
The Niagara Falls area has some interesting weather. Depending on the exact wind direction over Lake Erie, it can be raining in one place and sunny in another. A wind shift and the opposite happens.

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone traveling to see the eclipse…beware the apocalyptic traffic jam that will occur when it’s over.
We travelled to Hopkinsville, Kentucky with some friends for the 2017 eclipse. Stayed in Louisville the night before, drove down to Hopkinsville that morning, a nice 2.5 hr drive and traffic was no problem. After the eclipse we (naively) thought we’d just head straight home. OMG the nightmare began…we were stuck on the Western Kentucky Parkway for 15hrs! That just got us back to Louisville! Stopped at several hotels and were told there wasn’t a room available in the entire state! We ended up in a dump outside some strip bar just to get some sleep…although I think everybody was afraid to close their eyes, lol. It was horrible…I guess at least now I have real life experience of what the zombie apocalypse will feel like.
The eclipse was pretty cool though, lol.

Top Bottom