• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Toppong D50 Ouput impedance?!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
:facepalm:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Veri

Master Contributor
mance, but that 10€ cable of the upper range is not so pleasant as qed,i swear i didn't like it at all. I think it would be fatiguing after 1+ hour of continue listening, with qed instead i could even turn up the volume with less fatiguing, so yh

this is all in your head. did you actually do a blind test? we're not asking you if 'maybe you could hear it if maybe you did a blind test', we're asking whether you did.

jackenhack

Forum Donor
Yes i could defenately hear the difference in a blind test, i used the low price cable for 3 hours max, it should have burned in maybe for better performance, but that 10€ cable of the upper range is not so pleasant as qed,i swear i didn't like it at all

Burning in an optical digital cable? There is no way that a functioning optical cable can change the treble. If you have a really bad analogue cable, maybe it could affect the treble if it acts like a lowpass filter.

OP
V

Viper Necklampy

this is all in your head. did you actually do a blind test? we're not asking you if 'maybe you could hear it if maybe you did a blind test', we're asking whether you did.
I just tried the cheap one for 2/3 hours, not in blind, I'm pretty sure in blind I could hear the difference even better. Please don't think that's all only in my head, that's not the case, i could defenately hear a very positive difference between the Qed one and Ivanky, not mental shit about conviction..

solderdude

Grand Contributor
:eek: .... :facepalm: ... :rolleyes:

You have to test this :cool:

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For me, has already been tested xD No need for blind test.. ;) Probably it was poor sounding cheap cable, just that, anyway nevermind :)

Just do a blind test. Why not? All you need to do is get a friend or family member to help you out for 15 or 20 minutes by changing between the cables and asking you to identify which you're listening to.

Trust me, this will save you 100s of € in the future.

OP
V

Viper Necklampy

Just do a blind test. Why not? All you need to do is get a friend or family member to help you out for 15 or 20 minutes by changing between the cables and asking you to identify which you're listening to.

Trust me, this will save you 100s of € in the future.
Mhh, ok, i could try soon if only.. The cheap cable were not broken, here's the photo. I hope someone can easily help me out if it fixable ;) I swear it broken alone, i just let it untouched for some days behind my tv lol

Attachments

• DSC_0617.jpg
    DSC_0617.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 113

gorg

Mhh, ok, i could try soon if only.. The cheap cable were not broken, here's the photo. I hope someone can easily help me out if it fixable ;) I swear it broken alone, i just let it untouched for some days behind my tv lol
Ivanky seems to be true shiit :D

OP
V

Viper Necklampy

Ivanky seems to be true shiit :D
I might be the first of 350 reviews on Amazon.it to give that 1 star rating :p (If it can't be fixed easily, i don't risk to push it inside with force, maybe someone knows how to do here :) )

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Optical cable burn in.....optical cable burn in?.............................optical cable burn in

What the photons clean out a smoother path over the first few hours?

Optical cable burn in.............................................................................................................Must be a quantum level effect right?

So does the light travel faster after burn in? I mean usually cheap fiber lets light reach about 70% the velocity of light in a vacuum, but maybe with some burn in it speeds up some more. Or perhaps in the more "relaxed" sounding fiber it slows down.

Neat video explaining how fiber optic cable works. Don't miss the reflections down a stream of liquid. Just don't try and invent a continous liquid fiber cable and use purified snake oil for the liquid.

holsen

I'm a noob here on this forum and just bought the D50 to replace an ARCAM rDAC (which is for sale :) but I've got a quick question about the new unit which is on its way. The D50 has a volume control and I'm not sure how to set that. I'll be taking the audio feed from a Sonos Connect (Fixed Volume) and my TV (also fixed volume) and feeding into my B&O system. All volume for all sources will be controlled by the B&O so how do I determine the volume setting on the D50? Just by ear?, All the way up? All the way down? Input is appreciated. Thanks

gorg

I'm a noob here on this forum and just bought the D50 to replace an ARCAM rDAC (which is for sale :) but I've got a quick question about the new unit which is on its way. The D50 has a volume control and I'm not sure how to set that. I'll be taking the audio feed from a Sonos Connect (Fixed Volume) and my TV (also fixed volume) and feeding into my B&O system. All volume for all sources will be controlled by the B&O so how do I determine the volume setting on the D50? Just by ear?, All the way up? All the way down? Input is appreciated. Thanks
Small joystick all the way up = 00.0 dB, showed on D50's display. Your question should be moved into D50's main thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom