• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping USB Driver for Windows 10 -- Recommended?

dareblue

I Just hooked up my Topping DX7s. I didn't install the Topping driver. But the DAC only shows the sample rate set in the Windows sound control panel and doesn't reflect the actual sample rate of the music file. Am I missing something or does this behavior change with the Topping driver?
I don't want to install the Topping driver just to try it. I hate polluting Windows with unnecessary software. Thanks

deprogrammed

I Just hooked up my Topping DX7s. I didn't install the Topping driver. But the DAC only shows the sample rate set in the Windows sound control panel and doesn't reflect the actual sample rate of the music file. Am I missing something or does this behavior change with the Topping driver?
I don't want to install the Topping driver just to try it. I hate polluting Windows with unnecessary software. Thanks
Yes, You need the driver. Windows requires a driver. It is a Windows issues not a Topping issue. You would not be polluting your computer, you would be adding a driver needed for the device to function properly.

Search ASIO here and on google.

Top Bottom