• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping U90 (USB DDC) and HS-01 (USB filter)

Ashimaru

Any more impressions on the HS01? I'm thinking of ordering one. Ground loops aren't my problem, but I get PC electrical noise that the E30 picks up over USB. I'm using my USB ports for keyboard, mouse, wifi receiver, the E30, and in the front an external hd, sometimes a game controller, so it's a bit busy.
Have you seen Archimago's measurements? HS01 does a good job of lowering noise and harmonic distortion.

I used the very cheap ADUM3160 on the E30. Although I don't hear an audible ground loop in my system without it. It is measurable can reducing noise. Unlike HS01, harmonic distortion does not change with ADUM3160. It's ok if only listening to CD Quality music because the speed only 12mbps.
*sorry for the bad graph because of the ADC I'm using.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-08-22-18-56-50.png
    Capture+_2022-08-22-18-56-50.png
    956.7 KB · Views: 104

Jarrett

Have you seen Archimago's measurements? HS01 does a good job of lowering noise and harmonic distortion.

I used the very cheap ADUM3160 on the E30. Although I don't hear an audible ground loop in my system without it. It is measurable can reducing noise. Unlike HS01, harmonic distortion does not change with ADUM3160. It's ok if only listening to CD Quality music because the speed only 12mbps.
*sorry for the bad graph because of the ADC I'm using.

Yeah, I saw that one. Just ordered one today as Apos has 10% off (equaling about $10 CAD). Ok, great! Thanks! The noise is something I've known about for a while (not as disruptive as a ground loop), but me moving to a balanced system is not happening any time soon.

Ashimaru

Yeah, I saw that one. Just ordered one today as Apos has 10% off (equaling about $10 CAD). Ok, great! Thanks! The noise is something I've known about for a while (not as disruptive as a ground loop), but me moving to a balanced system is not happening any time soon.
Yeah, balanced can immune to noise

Gggggas

Hello everybody,

I am an owner of the D90SE + A90 and I recently ordered the new A90 Discrete as well as the U90.
I have 2 probably silly questions for you all, first regarding the IIS-LVDS that I will use to connect the D90SE to the U90 and secondly about the 12V connecting the A90 Discrete to the U90.

What kind of cable do I need to get for the IIS? a regular HDMI cable?
For the 12V do I need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable?

Thank you in advance!

Dolor

My HS-01 isn working properly. It will provide power to the e1da PD V2 but there is no sound anymore. I use headphones. I used to connect via apple usb camera+lightning from iphone to topping hs-01 to e1da PD V2.
I tryed differend usb connection as uptone usb a to usb b, original e1da cables and more.
Is there someone else who recognize the hs-01 doesn’t establish connection anymore?
I tryed many different ways in the kind I connected the hs-01.

Weeks ago it used to work normal when I first connected one time the PD V2 with the apple dongle and powered the dongle by battery. Then disconnected and reconnected with the hs-01 between powered dongle, and then powering the hs-01 before connecting to the PD V2. But this wouldn’t work anymore.

I tryed now to connected the dac first to the hs-01, then powering the hs-01 from battery, then connected to the powered dongle and Iphone.

And any different way I can imagine because I thought maybe I connected it in the wrong order…

( I know that the hs-01 isn’t needed with phone and battery power, was just to explain my problem )

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Thank you!
I wrote to Topping and they told me to send the hs-01 to Topping for inspection. My device was tested as faulty and Topping quickly sended back a working one. When connected now between a nuc running roon rock and a hoerwege
modified audiolab 8300cdq ( no extra external power needed ) there is more deep bass present compared to the same connection without the hs-01. I have no idea why. LS are Acapella Monostratos
( I am not able to measure this to show it here. Just wanted to tell my impression )

Ashimaru

I wrote to Topping and they told me to send the hs-01 to Topping for inspection. My device was tested as faulty and Topping quickly sended back a working one. When connected now between a nuc running roon rock and a hoerwege
modified audiolab 8300cdq ( no extra external power needed ) there is more deep bass present compared to the same connection without the hs-01. I have no idea why. LS are Acapella Monostratos
( I am not able to measure this to show it here. Just wanted to tell my impression )
Deeper bass maybe because noise floor reduced by the HS-01.

xaon60

I had a problem recently with the HS-01, lots of crackling, it was actually the USB Topping driver, I just switched to WASAPi Exclusive from Qobuz and the problem went away.

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So is the HS-01 always supposed to have this rapid blinking red light?

I just noticed it.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
can @amirm measure the topping usb isolator?
Would love to see that @amirm
Did you see Archimago's review? I think it is great, not much left for Amir to cover imo.

Dolor

The „new“ Topping HS-02 is available today at shenzhenaudio with discount. Around 85,00$.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Veri

Master Contributor
The „new“ Topping HS-02 is available today at shenzhenaudio with discount. Around 85,00$.

A bit "old news" as @Matias points out ;)

Top Bottom