• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping U90 (USB DDC) and HS-01 (USB filter)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@WolfX-700 posted some measurements in his website including the new products from Topping I was not aware of.

The U90 is a digital to digital converter, from USB to AES-EBU, I2S, coax and toslink.

The HS-01 looks like an USB filter that uses external power.

Edit: great HS-01 review with measurements.

Last edited:

Dolor

Hi,
do you know when those topping hs-01 and topping U90 will be available for consumers.
I would like to buy the hs-01 better today…

Thank you for your post!

sleepyboy69

The U90 is already available for purchase.

I'm hoping to know more on it before I pull the trigger.

I'm torn between choosing an AES output or just get the Topping d30 pro cause it has a preamp and my speakers (s3v) don't have any physical volume control (and my concerns are mainly safety)

ElNino

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is the U90 a two channel or four channel device? It has 2x AES, coax and optical outs; are they just copies of each other?

Last edited:
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the U90 a two channel or four channel device? It has 2x AES, coax and optical outs; are they just copies of each other?
I think 2 channel only. Some DACs accept dual AES-EBU, one per channel (dCS comes to mind).

Dolor

Topping HS-01 can be ordered…

Dolor

I ordered one piece of topping hs-01. But after purchasing, I got mail.

audiophonics.fr wrote :

Unfortunately, one or more of the products ordered was out of stock. The order will be shipped when they will be available again. An indicative delivery time is given in the order confirmation e-mail. We will do our best to get them quickly.…..

It is no direct buy…

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I am a bit disappointed. So this U90 only converts USB into various outputs but it does not allow to use these as additional inputs?

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Customers have returned Topping DACs because they weren't compatible or subjectively "sound good" when pairing with USB interface from other companies. So Topping were like, screw it, we might as well just sell you our own USB interface.

Source: trust me bro.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Asma

These ADUMs only go to 12 Mbps.

A direct competitor would be iFi iSilencer+.
I suspect the benefits of iFi iSilencer + will be the same as iFi iPurifier S / PDIF. The noise will not disappear, only your $ 50-60 will disappear.

Dclone

I ordered one piece of topping hs-01. But after purchasing, I got mail.

audiophonics.fr wrote :

Unfortunately, one or more of the products ordered was out of stock. The order will be shipped when they will be available again. An indicative delivery time is given in the order confirmation e-mail. We will do our best to get them quickly.…..

It is no direct buy…
I got both my HS-01 and U90 today. Bought from Shenzhen, China. Delivered by DHL Express. I live in Sweden. Took about one week from order to delivery. HS-01 is really easy. Just plug in and play. I am struggling with U90 IIS protocol to talk with my D90 MQA. Almost there… Both works as expected

cglin222

I got both my HS-01 and U90 today. Bought from Shenzhen, China. Delivered by DHL Express. I live in Sweden. Took about one week from order to delivery. HS-01 is really easy. Just plug in and play. I am struggling with U90 IIS protocol to talk with my D90 MQA. Almost there… Both works as expected
How is the u90 does it improve on d90 as both used as318-b clock?

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I wonder what isolator chip they are employing in the HS-01.
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I can't find if it allows powering of devices without external power. It seems to indicate that external power is required somewhere, either a mains powered DAC or plugging in a non-grounded 5v PSU.
It seems quite a decent price for USB2.0 isolation.

cglin222

I wonder what isolator chip they are employing in the HS-01.
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I can't find if it allows powering of devices without external power. It seems to indicate that external power is required somewhere, either a mains powered DAC or plugging in a non-grounded 5v PSU.
It seems quite a decent price for USB2.0 isolation.
Not sure if this what you are looking for
But I goes it looks like if your device is not usb powered or have external power then you don’t need extra power for hs01?

Attachments

• 08078FCD-2276-4A70-8407-9626CBD68894.png
    08078FCD-2276-4A70-8407-9626CBD68894.png
    541 KB · Views: 205
Top Bottom