• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping SR2 Aluminum Rack

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It kind of classes up a stack of Topping gear. Otherwise their stuff is pretty meh to look at IMO.

Vict0r

Build your own using cheap bamboo food prep planks from Ikea. :)

wtf.jpg

Vict0r

Your mask has slipped! What's that crystalline resonance chamber doing on the left of the stack?

*edit* It looks like there's one on top as well!
hahaha not my pic! Found it on Google Images. Was trying to show off the awesome Ikea builds I saw floating around. Then again, I'm sure that's what they all say when someone catches their magic treble crystals.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
hahaha not my pic! Found it on Google Images. Was trying to show off the awesome Ikea builds I saw floating around. Then again, I'm sure that's what they all say when someone catches their magic treble crystals.

I think the smell of the Camembert under the boards is going to dissuade anyone from taking too close a look :)

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks nice and all but a little expensive 220 usd for a small desktop rack, don't you think?

View attachment 229352

View attachment 229353
I’ve actually been looking for something exactly like this that has a small form factor, and as soon as I saw them on Shenzhen Audio, I ordered them. From someplace else, of course! Apos and HifiGo both have them and there’s no waiting for weeks to get them or going through a crucible to return them. As soon as they arrive I’ll let you know how the build quality compares with the photos.

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Yep... at least $70 - $100 too much.

I'd prefer this anyway for USD $48.99;

He0c611ff2c294d289813b9c6d0145ae48.jpg

JSmith
Or there's the XDuoo X-R01 for $130...

View attachment 229435

Neither of those can hold the larger Topping models like the A90 or D90, and that Douk Audio stand is pretty much the same as Topping's smaller stand. The Xduoo stand looks terrible, imo.

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor

Davywhizz

The SR2 is all aluminium (or aluminum if you prefer) and surprisingly heavy. I got one for my headphones system. The feet have a non-slip ring built in, to restrict any accidental movement on a smooth surface.

My only criticisms are, firstly, there is no adjustment for levelling, other than by loosening the connections in the legs. Secondly, the height between the shelves is very limited. Maybe if the bottom one had a bit more height it would be better. Better still, if Topping sold sets of extra legs you could add in. I asked. They don't.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I believe Topping has released a beta firmware update for a small number of SR-2 racks that aren't completely level (they rock a bit). It has been reported that the update has bricked several racks, rendering them unusable, so update at your own risk.

Midnight Audiophile

Another decent alternative are these monitor stands by Oasis. I've bought two of the long ones (42" x 10.5") and three of the short ones (16.5" x 10.5"). They're sturdy and well-made. The wood is a very dense and a heavy type of bamboo ply. Legs are solid metal. I watched Amazon for used ones and bought a couple of them for about $30 each. I use the black color for my coffee-table system and the natural color on my desktop.

The feet on the legs also fit perfectly in these anti-vibration pads:

Roland68

Major Contributor
Can someone please post a picture of the underside of the bases of the Topping SR2?
Also, are these bases made entirely of aluminum? The "X" and the plate?

Top Bottom