• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping should recall all their DX3 Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Y

yue

We can do better.
I agree. If Amir is independent, he should put a warning in the end of his original DX3 Pro review given a lot of people experienced failing units. That's "better" by my definition.
If he is willing to do this, feel free to remove this thread altogether. If he isn't, well, that sacrifices his own reputation anyway.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yue

Correction, yue can do better, much better.
Amir can do better, much better.

Does Amir even dare to put a warning mentioning about these failures in the end of his DX3 Pro review post?

OP
Y

yue

C'mon man a second thread? Just buy something else.
If you don't like it just stop reading it. I'm not going to buy anything.
I am just challenging Amir's credibility to see if he dare to put a warning behind his review.

noel_fs

Amir can do better, much better.

Does Amir even dare to put a warning mentioning about these failures in the end of his DX3 Pro review post?
He is not obligated to do that, that would ruin his reputation for brands to send him things. He doesnt prohibit anyone from comment whatever they want, thats fair enough.

OP
Y

yue

that would ruin his reputation for brands to send him things.
He ditched Schiit products all the time about their design/manufacture flaws in the past, such as grounding issue. Why double standard?

He bought your unit at full price and you're still bitching at him non stop! I think his credibility is solid given that you're not yet banned.

I don't see your logic holds.

Also my unit was still in warranty (<30 days) so if he didn't ask I would just return to seller and get a full refund. He requested my device so I send it to him instead.

if you keep criticizing me using this example, by the way, new questions will appear in my head, such as why he is so eager to help Topping diagnosing instead of leaving the problems to the manufacturer? The latter sounds more neutral to me. But I'm not going to digging into it too much --- when I have free time I may do the same thing if I happen to use an open source software and find bugs. But I don't know his intentions, but I don't care about that either, if you don't insist on this paticular example.

Last edited:

MusicNBeer

Forum Donor
Yue, you have a bit of a point there about the Schiit vs Topping thing. Maybe Amir can answer you on his willingness to troubleshoot the DX3.

I love my DX3 two weeks in.

OP
Y

yue

Why is this thread not locked yet?
The question I want to ask is, with many people complaining about it, why Amir is not putting a warning in his review yet?

That's the only question I wanna ask for the past few weeks, and I got no good answer from anyone.

@noel_fs gives an answer but that's not enough to persuade me to believe Amir is truly independent, as the case with Schiit shows exactly otherwise.

noel_fs

The question I want to ask is, with many people complaining about it, why Amir is not putting a warning in his review yet?

That's the only question I wanna ask for the past few weeks, and I got no good answer from anyone.

@noel_fs gives an answer but that's not enough to persuade me to believe Amir is truly independent, as the case with Schiit shows exactly otherwise.
Its not about independence, its simply about not being stupid. Its how business works. How old are you?
There is no double standard on ditching schiit. They sell a expensive product with flaws that are VERY EASILY measurable for a company that is specialized on audio, thats just wrong. And merit to Amir for talking about it.
While units failing for some unexpected reason isn't on Topping's hands, and its not fair ditching on them, even less coming from the owner of a website that you sent your product with good will. I belive topping is just trying to do their best.

OP
Y

yue

Its how business works. How old are you?
No. Most equipments Amir tested are from users. Amir can still test Topping products if Topping refuses to send him devices because of a potential bad review.
So if he's independent and does not care about Topping's evaluation units, he should not be worried when he criticize them.

I belive topping is just trying to do their best.
I once believed so and helped them a lot in the past as an ordinary user, by either contributing driver patch to official Linux kernel , or by giving them a lot of ideas/bug reports.

Now I don't when I see it on sale on Massdrop today.

None of the units Topping sold failed in China. If they just want to clean the inventory they could just sell the remaining to China.

People complained a lot on Massdrop about it and they continue selling an unimproved version. I'm no longer trusting them.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He ditched Schiit products all the time about their design/manufacture flaws in the past, such as grounding issue. Why double standard?
You lack the technical depth to know the difference. In the case of Schiit, the issues are in plain sight. Not just to me but other technical members. Importantly, I not only verified those problems but applied fixes that remedied them. After owning two DX3 Pros, I have yet to see any problems with it. I even opened one and looked for problems and saw nothing.

It is not my job to deal with customer support issues for any company. That is what you are asking me to do.

If I see a problem, I let you all know. If I don't then it is between you and the manufacture.

This is not a forum for you to keep screaming about the same thing over and over again.

I am continuing to test your unit out.

If I don't see something new and helpful from you, I will be closing this thread.

OP
Y

yue

You lack the technical depth to know the difference.
As end user I care less about product not performing well below -90db than product not working reliably or could damage headphones.
You may have a lot of technical knowledge, but you lack the basic knowledge what the basic design principle of a product should be.

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As user I care less about product not performing well at -90db than product not working reliably.
You lack the basic knowledge what the design priciple of a product should be.
You don't have the technical background to understand the design. Or manufacturing. Or support. And at any rate, if you don't care about my reviews or my knowledge of electronics, you should not be here.

You want to do some good? Ask your employer to put the headphone jack back on their phones. Or go to the same ODM that designed the Apple dongle to make one for Pixel (with a thicker cable).

I will be closing this thread. I suggest joining massdrop or wherever else the product is sold to voice your objection to people buying it. Your insulting attitude has no room in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom