• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Grael

Does this Pre90 have individual input volume control separated from main volume control?
You can use a mode "Vol memory IN" where each input will set (and remember) a different volume level
(But not sure what you mean by "main volume control")
Screenshot_2022-11-25-00-19-25-305.jpeg

Extract from the user manual here https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/457846.html

Frontino

I mean I want to be able to set master level 0 dB of the Pre90 as a calibrated reference and lower input level independently from that, to reduce gain of external amp.

Grael

I mean I want to be able to set master level 0 dB of the Pre90 as a calibrated reference and lower input level independently from that, to reduce gain of external amp.
Well, it's not working like that...
You can have independent volume level on each input, which should be enough in my opinion...

On top of that, there is a "safe volume mode", to set the highest volume level when you switch to any input.

marcom22

Useless! The Pre90 has the master level at -99db and you can raise the volume indipendentely for input. So yes, it works at opposite of your mind and this way of wark is also safer than yours. No worries, stay safe ;)

kolestonin

I went through the whole thread looking for a solution to extend the range of the remote controller.
What is suggested is:

1. take the remote apart and wrap the sender in aluminum foil
2. use an IR remote control extender

1 is not an option for me as I am terrible at DIY and I am afraid I will break my remote.

But I would like to give 2 a try so I need some advice as I never used such a thing.

What do I need exactly?
Is somebody using an IR extender which does the job?
May I ask for a link?

Top Bottom