• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING PA7

Toku

Major Contributor
How Topping handled their PA5 fiasco was a huge disappointment. I refuse to reward bad behavior.
Topping's PA5 is simply a result of their inexperience and lack of skill. It's a pity that it took so long to find out the cause, and I didn't respond to users, but I don't blame them.
Problems like this happen in every company. However, repeating the same mistake is unacceptable.
There are a number of manufacturers in the audio industry who deliberately deceive users into selling their products.

raest

A previous post pointed to improvements in heat dissipation inside the PA7. I think Topping will not have been so stupid as to make two duff amplifiers in a row.
their handling of the situation does not warrant the financial support of buying any further products, particularly not early (read under 2 years) in their lifetime [and considering they constantly "update" their lineup, discontinuing stuff and introducing new products, that practically means ever]

mccririck

their handling of the situation does not warrant the financial support of buying any further products, particularly not early (read under 2 years) in their lifetime [and considering they constantly "update" their lineup, discontinuing stuff and introducing new products, that practically means ever]
Well that's your opinion...

Or

Topping PA7 - TPA3255
Topping PA7 Plus - 2 TPA3255 as Audiophonics TPA-S120 but with better implementation.

Replying months later ik, but at the current prices I'm seeing, the TPA-S120 is almost 3 times less expensive than the PA7 Plus, and has digital entries as well as a passive and active sub out. Not sure better implementation is worth such a jump in price.

Top Bottom