• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING PA7

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
News from the official QQ group.

-6d90e034b632b639.jpg

Bleib

Major Contributor
Oh. Had hoped for no more channel imbalances

juliangst

I hope it won’t break like the PA5 if it’s chip based. And please give it a build in PSU

Bleib

Major Contributor
I hope it won’t break like the PA5 if it’s chip based. And please give it a build in PSU
Looks too small for it to be built in

But certainly safe to say that it will be reviewed here @ ASR

juliangst

I wouldn't mind an external PSU if it came in a nice metal case :(

raest

PA7 already, huh... after the PA5 utter fiasco, i'm only expecting for this to measure great, get the highest recommendations, to "change the game" even more, but be an utter failure of a product for us consumers.

Popping will need to do a lot to start regaining my trust. a lot

juliangst

I wonder if it will have a TPA chip again.
If the PA7 gets near the 500€ mark they'll have a hard time competing with the Hypex NC252mp which has a lot more power than any TPA based amp and will be 1000 times more reliable than any topping amp

Fontie

I wonder if it will have a TPA chip again.
If the PA7 gets near the 500€ mark they'll have a hard time competing with the Hypex NC252mp which has a lot more power than any TPA based amp and will be 1000 times more reliable than any topping amp
if it came in the 350 mark id consider it, but like you have said anything above this price and id get the Hypex NC252mp

anphex

Forum Donor
Does the PA5 have a failure rate this high? Mine has currently about 1000 powered on hours and it's working completely fine.

mccririck

Does the PA5 have a failure rate this high? Mine has currently about 1000 powered on hours and it's working completely fine.
Seems to have a higher than expected failure rate judging by complaints on this forum. Some people seem to have been lucky, though.

I think as long as Topping can figure out what's going on then the PA7 should be ok. If I were them I wouldn't be bringing out a new model until they've figured it all out.

brno

Did anyone receive any new information about the PA7? I'd like to :)
I've been looking over the internet from time to time since january but, alas, I don't find anything new...

juliangst

I‘m also waiting for some news on this.
They unexpectedly released the LA90 Discrete but I still didn’t hear anything about the PA7

Top Bottom