• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 measurements )

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi amigos,

The new Topping PA5 is here, checkout :

Thx for the link. I have a feeling that first batch, when released, will be sold out in minutes. :D then price will be hiked. :(
Very little info on what is inside -what chip?
Does it have single-ended RCA inputs?
If not - budget for $260 or more for balanced DAC.
At this price my vote goes for "remote volume control" - I need it, don't like controlling from DAC PRE.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Allo has been working on this amp for over a year. If it had been released a few years ago, it could have filled a certain market. I think they missed the boat. For me the future or new amp (your choice) from Allo even if it is well designed with the feedback circuit well adjusted, I would compare with a car, entry level engine with a racing body and tires ... the car won't be much better.

Michal

I mentioned TPA3255 because SMSL already has Infineon products, and had it for a while. What chip do you have in mind specifically?
Sorry that my poor English caused a little misunderstanding. By the way, they could try and do something amazing on the LM3886 -although I sincerely doubt it. SMSL is a "fast fashion" like a most of chinese brands. I had their Dp3's and quickly sold this misfire with underdeveloped software. There has also been a large crosstalk between channels and despite many requests from SMSL users, nothing has been done about it so far. The best part is that the same software and crosstalk problems also occur with the twice as expensive Dp5. I know about it from russians audio community. There are many talented people who have struggled with these problems themselves. But some muffled reviewers applaud their products.

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Maybe this one ...
I am very interested in the high power efficiency of the MA5332MS and the fact that it does not require a heat sink, but the high noise level of 250uV RMS for audio applications is a concern for use.

Reactions: Zek

bahamot

sort of announced on Facebook:
Screenshot_2021-11-21-20-20-37-78.jpg

Vladetz

38v power input

Toku

Major Contributor
Since there is a cooling slit on the side of the case, it seems that the heat generation is large.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of chips are on the board.
I will buy it as soon as the PA5 goes on sale.

Toku

Major Contributor
Topping PA5 is officially released.
It costs $ 349 and is available in four colors, black, silver, blue and red, just like the E50.

brandonhall

Forum Donor
Fascinating that they created an in-house amplifier chip for this product and bolted a 38V power supply to it. I imagine this is what @JohnYang1997 was talking about when he said, "we haven't seen anything yet"

Kevinfc

I hope they send one of these to Amir right away. I’m dying to read about his thoughts. The chip Topping created is of particular interest to me.

Top Bottom