• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping PA5 / Aiyima A300 Alternatives?

Witterings

Looking for a new small / desktop amp and ideally want something that falls in between the PA5 and the A300 in terms of cost / quality.

PA5 I like although would prefer alternative inputs and ideally cheaper although neither are essential.

Liked the A300 although the review seems to find it lacking.

Had considered the Topping MX5 or Loxjie A30 but ideally want a bit more output.

It's to replace an old Yamaha DSP-A590 which the rear channel went on so have been using it as a stereo amp but want to reduce the landscape it takes up as well as having a new toy :)

Any other suggestions appreciated.

OP
W

Witterings

Just in case other people google looking for the same, I bought an SMSL AO200 in the end ... I must admit I'm completely blown away by it, what a brilliant piece of kit.
I'm completely convinced I'm hearing parts of songs I've never heard before, mainly incredibly subtle bass going on that are much quieter than the main bass line but massivley add to the background melody.

Last edited:

marcel1728

I had the Topping PA5 for exactly one month, sounded beautiful since day one, today I had to return it to Amazon, the left channel just stopped, I tested all the connections, cables, preamplifier with three different speakers to no avail.... SAD !!!

Top Bottom