• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping NX7 announced

GeorgeWalk

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This amp is rather large for a portable device, comparable to a phone but even thicker.

brandall10

This amp is rather large for a portable device, comparable to a phone but even thicker.

It's decently small considering how powerful it is and the battery needed to achieve that runtime. Unfortunate that it's not a DAC/Amp unit.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Interestingly the feature set seems quite different to the NX4 DSD. Unless I am mistaken, rather than a combined DAC/AMP, this is a pure-play amp?
In that regard NX4 whose exception as stated with DSD. Actually I am interested in NX7 as they didn't done anything new for a long time regarding the portable amplifier market (that they started with).

staticV3

Master Contributor
HI @amirm, are there any plans to review and measure the NX7?
Already measured by @WolfX-700 :

Tortie

Forum Donor
Already measured by @WolfX-700 :

Yes, I already read through that blog post a week ago. The thing is Wolf had access to a pre-preproduction golden-sample unit. The retail version may deliver less performance.

JSmith

Master Contributor
HI @amirm, are there any plans to review and measure the NX7?
Amir measures whatever is sent to him, so if the manufacturer sends one in or someone else (you could?) does then it will be tested.
pre-preproduction golden-sample unit
I think it's a bit rough to imply what Prof Wolf tested was a "golden sample"... that is up to the veracity of the manufacturer, not the tester so always an unknown.

JSmith

Atanasi

Forum Donor
What's the meaning of "Adapter Impedance >8 Ω" in the specs, is it the minimum allowed headphone impedance? Why does the manual say that the USB cable should not be used with other devices, is it not a standard-compliant A-C cable? I suppose this could have the same issue as BC3, such that C-C cables don't work for charging.

dizzyraider

What's the meaning of "Adapter Impedance >8 Ω" in the specs, is it the minimum allowed headphone impedance? Why does the manual say that the USB cable should not be used with other devices, is it not a standard-compliant A-C cable? I suppose this could have the same issue as BC3, such that C-C cables don't work for charging.
Not sure, but I use my own pre existing usb A>C cable to charge usually and it charges just fine, but it however didn't work with C to C charging.

Atanasi

Forum Donor
"Adapter Impedance >8 Ω" in the specs, is it the minimum allowed headphone impedance
"Adapter impedance" is probably a machine translation for "Matching impedance", the Chinese words seem to mean impedance matching.

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
Nice to see a product to possibly take the place of the FiiO A5, mine is still working great, but the battery is showing some age. Don't use it all of the time, so hope it holds on for a while.

Tortie

Forum Donor
I'm surprised @amirm hasn't reviewed this yet. Maybe the market for amplifier-only portable product has diminished to such an extent that it's not worth doing measurements on a product like the NX7. Even so, it looks like a potential Best-in-Class product for this particular niche.

Top Bottom