• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping MX5, A new device?

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just saw a picture of a possible new topping device, anyone heard of it?
1636426613178.png

JaccoW

Seems like a higher end version of their MX3 Power Amplifier/DAC/Headhone amplifier which is 2x 40W, 3.5mm jack, has bluetooth and should already have tone control. Could be a nice all-in-one solution and seems to have a larger jack for headphones.

If they can solve some of the issues Amir found in his 2019 review of the MX3 even a little bit it could be an interesting option for some over discreet components.

The bottom item is the U90, an USB bridge (Facebook post). I'm not sure what you would use this for but I'm sure somebody can tell me.
We warmly welcome our new member, the U90, a USB Bridge! In order to be compatible with different brands of different IIS
transmission definitions, U90 is equipped with 4 sets of
switches to set the lIS pin definitions, which can be compatible with most other brands of IIS definitions through reason-
able settings. See you tomorrow!
The rear looks interesting:

Last edited:

Yaiba

Waiting to see performance. Dac+power amp+headphone amp . You get it all in one.

Katji

Major Contributor
I want to know which Topping DAC is in it :) - I mean which is most similar/equivalent.

Waiting to see performance. Dac+power amp+headphone amp . You get it all in one.
I would rather choose a Topping DAC - there sure is a wide choice - a balanced output DAC and connect it to a Topping amplifier with a Topping [designed] cable. :)

Toku

Major Contributor
The Norwegian dealer has announced the specifications of MX5 in detail.

I imagine the composition of PA3s + E30 + L30 + BT + NJW1194 electronic volume from information such as photographs.
It's a very fun product.

Last edited:

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have an MX-5 in the garage.

Attachments

• 2020 Miata GT-2.jpg
    2020 Miata GT-2.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 182

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn’t the MX5 a old discontinued model?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Seams Dennis is either fun or member of ASR... I guess we will see.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
The Norwegian dealer has announced the specifications of MX5 in detail.

I imagine the composition of PA3s + E30 + L30 + BT + NJW1194 electronic volume from information such as photographs.
It's a very fun product.

Price shown there is about £275

TimF

Forum Donor
This product could become very popular. The display looks to be sufficiently large but only sufficiently so. No need or use for XLR connectors. Although I am happy with and not complaining about the standard Chinese remote controls it would be nice if a more charming remote control were included. I suppose that is like hoping for genuine walnut burl as dashboard trim in a Buick.

Top Bottom