• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping M50

zebigirls974

Hello FuzzTone, have you been able to connect wifi between a phone and the M50, or wifi is completly unuseful ?. When you enter in the wifi settings, does the M50 see anything or NADA ?. how about DLNA ?. Have you tried to connect it to a computer as a "sound card" ?.

FuzzTone

Hello FuzzTone, have you been able to connect wifi between a phone and the M50, or wifi is completly unuseful ?. When you enter in the wifi settings, does the M50 see anything or NADA ?. how about DLNA ?. Have you tried to connect it to a computer as a "sound card" ?.
No none of the above. Wrong tree. Done with computer sound.

Phrangko

Luckily it defaults to the play mode (shuffle etc.) so you don't have to re select it for each session like in my Hyundai
It will play XL DSD files (through DSD256} but only the DOP mode does not generate an annoying and dangerous "new track" noise event. Pop goes the weasel. No biggee as it sounds essentially the same.
The displau shows album art and song title, but without artist and album good luck making a positive ID.
If you can read the tiny screen from .5 meter you pass the eye test.
A couple of times it burped ("skipped") on OTG but after minor fiddling it righted itself Hopefully burn-in will settle it in a groove.
I have all my local jazz in redbook on a 256 TF card. 258 hours on shuffle; the size limits are fine.
One issue: Changing USB drives involves at least 5 menu clicks. The same for BlueTooth. There are 3 unused buttons on the remote that's included. In a perfect world they would be assigned to TF card. flash drive and BlueTooth DIRECT.
Some day someone will build a player with full folder navigation and p;lay via remote. Not there yet.
If you get a "bad" track you don't like it looks like you can delete it right in the player.
I can play "curated radio" via drives like rock, hard rock, bluesrock, southern rock, 60's, etc. without internet.
Hi. As user can you play your music files offline?

Pat Lee

I wonder if I can use my notebook to play streaming music thru the DLNA by connecting to the same wifi. I've ask their taobao official without a confirmed answer. Dang it

zebigirls974

The manual also mentions connecting to wifi, but doesn't go into the details of how a password would be entered...

View attachment 204502
Capture d’écran 2022-06-14 121621.jpg
With remote and the keyboard that appears on the m50 screen (From topping Service).

bsas

Am I the only one looking at the M50 as the cheapest way to add IIS to a Raspi or a PC/Mac?

bsas

Maybe there is a use case for external I2S but, I would have the cheapest way is to not bother.

“not bother” doesn’t magically add an IIS port to my system unfortunately, so, if it doesn’t solve a problem, it is not “the cheapest way” to solve the problem… :)

navin

Top Bottom