• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping M50

maruko

I contacted Topping, they refund me and I asked if they will never put Topping M50 back into production, since it was all I need (little space on desk, only two wires: power and usb, internal sd card, no PC).

The answer:

<<Hi,
No, we will not put them back into production. We are working hard to fix this issue.

We evaluated the problem and concluded that it was complex and would take a longer time to fix and we are currently unable to determine exactly when the fix will be completed.

As a manufacturer, we always stand in user's perspective to positively and fully consider and solve problems for user. In this case, we believe that giving you a refund is the best course of action to protect your consumer rights to the fullest extent possible and to minimize your losses.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
>>

So, anyone can suggest me something similar at the same price?

raif71

Major Contributor
I contacted Topping, they refund me and I asked if they will never put Topping M50 back into production, since it was all I need (little space on desk, only two wires: power and usb, internal sd card, no PC).

The answer:

<<Hi,
No, we will not put them back into production. We are working hard to fix this issue.

We evaluated the problem and concluded that it was complex and would take a longer time to fix and we are currently unable to determine exactly when the fix will be completed.

As a manufacturer, we always stand in user's perspective to positively and fully consider and solve problems for user. In this case, we believe that giving you a refund is the best course of action to protect your consumer rights to the fullest extent possible and to minimize your losses.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
>>

So, anyone can suggest me something similar at the same price?
Sad to hear that and I have the player and actually enjoying it despite it having crosstalk. :confused:

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
As time goes on, I can’t help but think that this is one of two things.

Either Topping thought “Streamers! We’ll give that a go.” Then found it really wasn’t their thing, and they’ve given up.

Or “We need to get into streamers, but it’s not our area of expertise - lots to do with customer wants and desires. For DACs, they largely just want a great DAC, but this is almost entirely about user-interface. Let’s put out a basic version, see what the feedback is, see what they want, read the WiiM forums for a bit. Release this with no fanfare, no review samples, let it sink into oblivion. But not before we’ve got the information we need to make a WiiM Pro killer.”

Stickler1

Don't worry about what they "thought." It remains the only HiFi non network player that can be controlled when the ISP is down. My problem is that the coax jack is loose and I can't figure out disassembly. I could send it back on warranty but no replacement is available. Anyone looking for a streamer (network player) should look elsewhere.

Saponetto

Maybe it's OT, in case feel free of delete it.

As my quest for a simple lossless file reader continued even after the rude "coming off the scene" of the M50, I'm currently having some spass with this little thing Aiyima does , eagerly waiting for new year wage bonuses aiming at getting a DMP-A6.

Just USB-SD inputs so no streaming functions, I2S, BT or digital transport at all.
Files are processed via an AKM4490 DAC chip, sound is output via RCA, coax or optical and, have to say, it's pretty pleasant.
The good news is that it reads -everything- you will throw at it and that (maybe) it's USB-flashable for possible FW updates.

The big, big gripe is that this player is not gapless, :confused: so what it means about enjoying your music collection is to be carefully considered.
To make things worse, it doesn't work with CUE tags for ISO files that are read entirely. Gulp...

Not a charming thing as the M50 was, as you can easily see, but at least it's a little lossless player I can play with.

Top Bottom