• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 50 6.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 193 24.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 524 65.3%

• Total voters

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
And if they did, would it be of interest to THX's lawyers?

My reading of the patent (and I'm not a lawyer or expert in patents) is that it appears to be incredibly broad in scope, vague, non-specific and contains multiple schemes, many of which, (if not all) previously existed in commercial products. As is often the case, the real detail simply is not presented or involves a proprietary combination not immediately obvious.

VeerK

Seems to be rapidly going out of stock and shenzhensudio removed their listing. Perhaps eol?

Toku

Major Contributor
Seems to be rapidly going out of stock and shenzhensudio removed their listing. Perhaps eol?
LA90 and PA5 are no longer available from Shenzhen Audio, Aliexpress and Amazon.jp.
These two models seem to have been discontinued?
PA3s continue to be sold.

Sokel

Master Contributor
LA90 and PA5 are no longer available from Shenzhen Audio, Aliexpress and Amazon.jp.
For PA5 is natural with all the mayhem it caused but LA90 didn't seem to have problems.
Maybe new model on the horizon?

VeerK

I think they’re discontinued and end of life

VQR

For PA5 is natural with all the mayhem it caused but LA90 didn't seem to have problems.
Maybe new model on the horizon?
500 Watt amp at 4 Ohm with the specs of the LA90

Please look forward to it. :p

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
TOPPING LA90D
March 23
FrqFu5jXwAE4UVB

Bleib

Major Contributor
LOL, and I just bought LA90.. well I got it for a great price ..
D means remote, perfect channel balance etc?

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
LOL, and I just bought LA90.. well I got it for a great price ..
D means remote, perfect channel balance etc?

Class D? (remember, actual LA90 is class AB)

Bleib

Major Contributor
Class D? (remember, actual LA90 is class AB)
No, I don't expect a change of technology. But extra spices added to it like remote.. well, in a few days we will know

withoutsuit

Thanks, I just ordered an LA-90 off amazon to test. Would love to hear if anyone has any other feedback comparing this to the Purifi 1ET400A modules.
And how is your impression? I'm still struggling which amplifier to buy for my ls50 meta with crossover 100hz. Class D Purifi or AB ToppingLA90.

lordhumungous

And how is your impression? I'm still struggling which amplifier to buy for my ls50 meta with crossover 100hz. Class D Purifi or AB ToppingLA90.
With Ls50’s I would go with more power. That’s been my experience since they came out. I would consider Outlaw Monoblocks recommended here for additional power .
I love my LA90 but I have it paired with 97db Tekton speakers

withoutsuit

With Ls50’s I would go with more power. That’s been my experience since they came out. I would consider Outlaw Monoblocks recommended here for additional power .
I love my LA90 but I have it paired with 97db Tekton speakers
I thought due to my crossover at 100Hz, there is not much power needed for down below.

VeerK

According to Apos Audio:

What's the difference: LA90 Discrete NFCA Power Amplifier vs LA90 Power Amplifier

The LA90 Discrete NFCA version features the cutting-edge discrete NFCA (Nested Feedback Composite Amplifier) power amplifier circuit. This design uses individual components optimized for audio performance, delivering superior sound quality by reducing distortion, enhancing linearity, and providing greater control over the audio signal. The LA90 Power Amplifier version is now discontinued.

Bleib

Major Contributor
According to Apos Audio:

What's the difference: LA90 Discrete NFCA Power Amplifier vs LA90 Power Amplifier

The LA90 Discrete NFCA version features the cutting-edge discrete NFCA (Nested Feedback Composite Amplifier) power amplifier circuit. This design uses individual components optimized for audio performance, delivering superior sound quality by reducing distortion, enhancing linearity, and providing greater control over the audio signal. The LA90 Power Amplifier version is now discontinued.
So...likely inaudible difference but quite amazing if it measures even better

Top Bottom