• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

We have no reports of massive faults here at least. Many amps in recent time actually have fw update possibilities. It could be to tune input/output voltages to the TI modules but I don’t actually know as I haven’t seen it from the inside.
I had one unit fail after three months of light use with the dreaded blinking light on the front, but they sent me a new unit a month ago and it has been going strong since. I love the unit and actually like the passthrough, but if this one fails I'll probably look for something else more reliable. I have yet to have an SMSL product fail.. and wish I didn't sell my SP400 :D

I decided to open up my L50 today, mainly to clean up the flux.

Attached the p0rn.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi, I’m a bit confused about balanced output. Currently, I’m connecting the headphone output of my Presonus 68c to the RCA SE inputs of the Topping L50 using an adapter, because i like to use my headphones and monitors at the same time. My HiFiMan Edition XS headphones are connected to the 3.5mm adapter that came with the L50. Since my headphone cable is faulty, I need to buy a new one and would like to get a more suitable option. Should I buy a "4.4 Balance to 3.5" cable or continue with something similar to the original stereo 3.5mm to 2x3.5mm cable?

You can connect Presonus balanced line out to Topping and connect speaker monitors to Topping pass through

Hi, I’m a bit confused about balanced output. Currently, I’m connecting the headphone output of my Presonus 68c to the RCA SE inputs of the Topping L50 using an adapter, because i like to use my headphones and monitors at the same time. My HiFiMan Edition XS headphones are connected to the 3.5mm adapter that came with the L50. Since my headphone cable is faulty, I need to buy a new one and would like to get a more suitable option. Should I buy a "4.4 Balance to 3.5" cable or continue with something similar to the original stereo 3.5mm to 2x3.5mm cable?
The L50 doesn't have a balanced headphone out - https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...ng-l50-review-headphone-amp.26210/post-895874 - just different options for connectors. Use whatever cable you prefer.

It does offer balanced passthrough, which works when the L50 is off.

It's a great amp, don't let that trouble you

Back
Top Bottom