• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Rate this headphone amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 30 8.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 315 86.1%

• Total voters

christaras

Is it ok to pair it with a smsl c200? I have trs to monitor speakers and my headphones to the amp. Thanks in advance.

Kaligogrrrrr

Hi Everyone,

I recently got the Denon 5200, I already own the Topping E30 DAC (PLENTY for me) and I want to get the L30ii but couple of questions..

Are the issues resolved and also which gain setting would be best for the Denon 5200, I find it just too difficult to put all the numbers together so I would rather just ask.

THANK you!

Kaligogrrrrr

Which ones specifically?

The lowest gain setting that still allows you to reach satisfying volume.

There were issues early on which I can't recall. It's why I sent my first one back when it was first released and reviewed here.

shuppatsu

There were issues early on which I can't recall. It's why I sent my first one back when it was first released and reviewed here.
The L30 had issues, which the L30 II fixed. I haven’t heard about any problems with the L30 II, except possibly an overzealous protection mode that I don’t think is an issue for 99% of users.

Music1969

Major Contributor
how is reliability for L30 II ?

Is this using the encapsulated modules, that people seem to say is a problem with other Topping amps ?

No DC issues lol ?

@solderdude @staticV3

solderdude

Grand Contributor
how is reliability for L30 II ?

Is this using the encapsulated modules, that people seem to say is a problem with other Topping amps ?

No DC issues lol ?

@solderdude @staticV3

No encapsulated stuff.
No DC issues.
No ESD issues.
Properly functioning DC protection.
If I would ever need a good headphone amp (SE in/out) it would be what I buy. I don't need one as I design and build my own amps :)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
index.php

No encapsulated parts here either

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The TPA6120A2 power IC's and some power transistors are cooled.
4841255.jpg

LeShog

Is there a particular reason why @amirm removed this amp from the 50 mv signal to noise ratio chart in the latest reviews (from topping a70 pro until the latest)?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Do you think it'd get worse (provided the impedance isn't too low for the increased voltage), or remain the same?
The L30II has slightly more noise in High gain, so I'd expect a slight degradation in the multitone test result. Though nothing even close to audible.

Top Bottom