• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

checkooo

I got a 2007xxx L30, not sure what to do now, will it be replaced or I should simply return it...
With the safety concern, I think I won't use it for now...
And since I got the L30/E30 set, not sure if I still will keep the DAC...
Got the set on Amazon at a great price, so it would be great if I can get a replaced one...

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I got a 2007xxx L30, not sure what to do now, will it be replaced or I should simply return it...
With the safety concern, I think I won't use it for now...
And since I got the L30/E30 set, not sure if I still will keep the DAC...
Got the set on Amazon at a great price, so it would be great if I can get a replaced one...
DAC is fine. Get the L30 replaced and enjoy.

filipduarte

DAC is fine. Get the L30 replaced and enjoy.

John, just a question, sorry if it is uncomfortable to answer it or if you still have no answer, can I wait to exchange my L30 only when the ESD problem has been addressed or is this exchange condition only valid now?

Giangi71

@JohnYang1997 so my situation is 2rca 3.5mm to dragonfly Cobalt used only as a dac and connected to a phone as a source and then the headset connected to L30. What could I risk with 2012sn in that situation? Thanks

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Thanks for the reply. So should I contact the topping support to replace it or do it directly on Amazon? Or do you have any recommendations for the replacement?
You can direct contact where you buy the unit from. They will help you out.

enomiss

@JohnYang1997
  • Within the replacement program, is it possible to add a note that one is willing to wait for an ESD fixed version to be send out as preplacement?
  • Are you first cleaning 2012 stock for the replacements and do you continue to produce the non ESD fixed version until the fix is introduced in the manufacturing process?
I think a lot of people are very happy with the replacement program (I appreciate it a lot), but the same people are bit disappointed that they are still getting a version without the ESD fix.
With a warranty of only 1 year, I don't really understand your previous comment where you said it doesn't really matter if the L30 breaks, because you can get a replacement unit anyway. Most of us are probably hoping to use this device for several more years...

Maybe ask people that are requesting a replacement if they are willing to wait for an ESD version to be shipped to them?

c.kl

Hi John, I'm not very technical so this may be a stupid question. Do you know if this ESD problem will damage the active speaker if I'm using the L30 as a preamp? I know with the 2012 batch, we have a protection on the headphone, I'm just wondering if the same protection will work for the speakers as well.

Thanks.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hi John, I'm not very technical so this may be a stupid question. Do you know if this ESD problem will damage the active speaker if I'm using the L30 as a preamp? I know with the 2012 batch, we have a protection on the headphone, I'm just wondering if the same protection will work for the speakers as well.

Thanks.
The same protection works in preamp mode.

jbfilho

Hi! My E30/L30 stack is connected to an Yamaha receiver by RCA as a preamp. The receiver is properly grounded. Is there a risk on that setup?

NgtFlyer

Hi! My E30/L30 stack is connected to an Yamaha receiver by RCA as a preamp. The receiver is properly grounded. Is there a risk on that setup?

There is a path to ground through the RCA cable to the Yamaha. So in your case, don't rub your clothes with balloons or shuffle your feet on the carpet before adjusting your L30's volume control :)

As I understand it, while possible, the likelihood of the failures is very low. Use common sense and care and you should be OK. Still, take advantage of the replacement program if it's a big concern and you have a pre-2012 serial numbered unit.

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
@SHENZHENAUDIO Please confirm, may we have the 3rd (fully fixed) version as a replacement?
Hello, thanks for your inquiry. We are pretty sure that TOPPING will distribute the latest version of L30, and will arrive at our warehouse soon. All inventories will be the newest, please rest assured.

Thalis

@raif71

SP has replied and they are going ahead with the recall and replacement. They have contacted all their L30 customers apparently.

raif71

Major Contributor
@raif71

SP has replied and they are going ahead with the recall and replacement. They have contacted all their L30 customers apparently.

I have sent photo of my SN to Red Ape after they asked me to. Still would be sorry to let mine go, nothing is wrong (yet) with my unit. Yesterday I used it with my Senn hd600 @ high gain and it was a pleasure to listen to.

Thalis

I have sent photo of my SN to Red Ape after they asked me to. Still would be sorry to let mine go, nothing is wrong (yet) with my unit. Yesterday I used it with my Senn hd600 @ high gain and it was a pleasure to listen to.

Ya... mine is also working great. SP has not asked for my SN yet though. Let's see how this is goes as I can't get to them cos of the current lockdown but there is a 2 week wait for a new unit.

Top Bottom