• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Is the 'tick' sound coming from the amp itself or is it audible in the head/ear-phone ?
Coming from the amp its normal (but faint).
Coming from the amp try it with the volume turned all the way down as well to see if it is gone.
The higher the efficiency the more likely you could hear a 'tick' in the headphone.

Turkleton

It's definitely not normal neither on L30 nor on THX 789.
Wait, that's not normal? Oh man... My L30 always make a tick sound when I switch it on.

It's not loud, but audible... Batch no. 2010622412

Edit: Stupid me.. Went to test my amp to make sure and didn't read more posts before hitting send.. Mine is definitely the relay clicking *phew*

Azeendeen

Is the 'tick' sound coming from the amp itself or is it audible in the head/ear-phone ?
Coming from the amp try it with the volume turned all the way down as well to see if it is gone.
The higher the efficiency the more likely you could hear a 'tick' in the headphone.
Sorry didn't see your message. I just finished typing a long message. Yes the sound is coming from my AMP and not headphones. I feel like I should have made it clear. After turning on my amp, it makes 1 CLICK noise. No clicking noises from headphones

highpurityusbcable

Sorry didn't see your message. I just finished typing a long message. Yes the sound is coming from my AMP and not headphones. I feel like I should have made it clear. After turning on my amp, it makes 1 CLICK noise. No clicking noises from headphones
It turns on. Think of it as a greeting.

Aldoszx

All Topping gears I have does this click.
Also Focusrite Clarett does that.

half_dog

On my case the tick comes only from the right side (headphone) when the signal comes back after I give it some taps on it. I think it may be a falty relay because if the tap is a little harder the amp keeps working fine for a longer period and if it is not so strong it seems the relay doesn't not make contact right. I thinking about opening this again and do a continuity test on the relays contacts...

Frio

Well the December batch won't be enough to exchange all l30 and many won't do it anyways, so very time the l30 is going to stay in the talks because the blow ups won't stop soon.

Giangi71

Well the December batch won't be enough to exchange all l30 and many won't do it anyways, so very time the l30 is going to stay in the talks because the blow ups won't stop soon.
However it's a good answer. Professional

Top Bottom