• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, the l30 topping amp that I bought I think has shorted (I believe, not sure what happened) itself and has shorted (or burned?) the iems that I used with it. My iems do not work at all and get extremely hot. Don't know why this happened randomly out of nowhere. In addition, the amp makes a buzzing sound no matter what you plug into it. I should be glad that my iems are not that expensive, as the amp has rendered them useless. This happened after I took out the power for the amp (the brick out of the wall) and put it back in.

You'll want to skim the last couple weeks of posts, as most of them are relevant to your issue

ragecandy

So in the end are the new units gonna be shipped directly from topping or the seller? my aliexpress seller asked me to send pictures of my l30 but I've heard no news in a while, don't know if just skipping them and contacting topping directly would help ensuring a replacement unit or what...

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I got email from HifiGo:
"Got it. I will keep you posted.
Best wishes"
-Kangyi /Hifigo Team

chi2

Forum Donor
I received an L30 with its serial number starting with 2007. While waiting for a replacement, I cautiously started it up...and took some precautions.

Don't the Birkenstock sandals isolate you from the floor and therefore add to building up static charge?

D

Deleted member 22273

Schiit stack, Heresy? Doesn't it have sufficient power for Amiron :)? just wondering.

Hi!

Has magni 3 + modi 3. (430 mW RMS 300ohm)
Great power . drives my magni very well.

But I want a second rig,with the same power.(l30 only have 1000mW/32ohm with 2V in, magni have 2000mW)
So i can listen from two diffrent places in my house.

Now im locked to the living room.

I also have considered ifi micro iDSD black label. but i can buy 3 riggs for the same price.

Veri

Master Contributor
So in the end are the new units gonna be shipped directly from topping or the seller? my aliexpress seller asked me to send pictures of my l30 but I've heard no news in a while, don't know if just skipping them and contacting topping directly would help ensuring a replacement unit or what...
From what I understand, seller relays your info to Topping, Topping handles your replacement.

But I want a second rig,with the same power.(l30 only have 1000mW/32ohm with 2V in, magni have 2000mW)

I also have considered ifi micro iDSD black label. but i can buy 3 riggs for the same price.
I see! The BL is pretty powerful I used to own one, but not very budget competitive nowadays IMO. Much better combos around :D

Quomz

Hi!

Has magni 3 + modi 3. (430 mW RMS 300ohm)
Great power . drives my magni very well.

You might be overestimating how much power you need. Amiron Home seems to be a pretty efficient headphone according to this chart with 102 dB/mW and 108db/V. And according to same chart for the Amiron Home to reach 120dB 60mW and 4V are needed. So the L30 should drive it equally well as your Magni 3.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My serial # begins with 2008 purchased from SHENZENAUDIO. Has anyone heard if they will be replacing the amps?

Canuck57

Forum Donor

Canuck57

Forum Donor
Top Bottom