• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

D

Deleted member 22273

How to feed this with moore than 2V too get max output power? Most dac only have 2V output.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I emailed HifiGo a couple of days ago. I still haven't got the email and I doubt I'll get a replacement. My Sn Starts with 2006. I'm never worried about ESD, even Linus builds pcs without a safety strap. I'm surprised Topping hasn't issued a public statement on there social media. Learned my lesson never buy products day one.

I also build PCs without using a wrist strap.

But I also ground myself to the case throughout the process, especially before handling components which are sensitive to ESD. I would bet Linus does something similar.

Do you think you could always remember to ground yourself immediately before touching the L30?

Veri

Master Contributor

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 22273

Last edited by a moderator:

Veri

Master Contributor
costs a lot.
Cheeper to buy a schiit hersey and a standard
Yeah it's not really standard practice to do such a thing :) I find L30 also goes pretty loud/powerful with ~2V input though, really. In any case, upcoming A30 Pro will have +12dB gain setting to outpower L30 by a lot, if one wanted such power.

Giangi71

Yeah it's not really standard practice to do such a thing :) I find L30 also goes pretty loud/powerful with ~2V input though, really. In any case, upcoming A30 Pro will have +12dB gain setting to outpower L30 by a lot, if one wanted such power.
L30 is still the best amp, in that range, for low impedance and sensible headsets

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
i'm a bit confused, i emailed Topping direct and they said 2012+ has the DC and ESD fixes.
That is a false statement.
2012+ have DC fixes only.
The ESD issue was just reproduced in Topping's lab 4-5 days ago, as confirmed by John Yang in this very thread.
The ESD fixes won't appear before february batch (2102).

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I re-emailed hifigo with there 2nd email address. The recall email said they would send out replacement units but theres a chance of me paying import taxes/duties.

facboy

That is a false statement.
2012+ have DC fixes only.
The ESD issue was just reproduced in Topping's lab 4-5 days ago, as confirmed by John Yang in this very thread.
The ESD fixes won't appear before february batch (2102).

that's what i thought too! will wait and see if there is any further info from @JohnYang1997

Asma

Hello everyone. do you think it is worth changing the Topping A30 to the Topping L30? Will I get a tangible boost in sound quality?
IMG_3315.JPG

Hai

Hello, the l30 topping amp that I bought I think has shorted (I believe, not sure what happened) itself and has shorted (or burned?) the iems that I used with it. My iems do not work at all and get extremely hot. Don't know why this happened randomly out of nowhere. In addition, the amp makes a buzzing sound no matter what you plug into it. I should be glad that my iems are not that expensive, as the amp has rendered them useless. This happened after I took out the power for the amp (the brick out of the wall) and put it back in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom