• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

rupert3k

GeorgeWalk

Attachments

• D10s RPI4.jpg
    D10s RPI4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 503

BigJim79

Once again this company is producing a product that is topping your recommended list.
I like what you did there!

Ref UK suppliers, I'm UK based too and was searching for the same last night, I just wanted to check the UK price, still happy with my Atom at the moment. Amazon typically gets Topping products pretty quickly (Shenzhen Audio Store), I'll be keeping an eye out.

Robin L

Master Contributor

P_M

Stunning. I am curious to know what opamps does this headamp use ?

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I like what you did there!

Ref UK suppliers, I'm UK based too and was searching for the same last night, I just wanted to check the UK price, still happy with my Atom at the moment. Amazon typically gets Topping products pretty quickly (Shenzhen Audio Store), I'll be keeping an eye out.
£120 at Amazon but delivery quoted as 25 Sep - 5 Oct.
Edit: corrected dates!

HCT-5808

Ordered a silver one to replace an 10 year old Gilmore Lite. Let's see how things have improved since then.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You realise what this review means @amirm ?

You're going to have to look into a obtaining a new analyzer :D
Problem is that there exist no better analyzer than his APx555 (B or not)!

Veri

Master Contributor
Problem is that there exist no better analyzer than his APx555 (B or not)!
Due to historical reasons, power tests are run in single ADC mode of the analyzer which has a higher distortion floor than what is used in the dashboard. If Amir changes that mode, it would also then mess up all comparisons to the historical data so.. we're currently at the maximum lol.

CerealKiller

This is amazing, thank you very much Amirm as always, invaluable, any chance to measure pre outs SINAD and linearity?

Veri

Master Contributor
This is amazing, thank you very much Amirm as always, invaluable, any chance to measure pre outs SINAD and linearity?
The pre-outs are still the same amplifier, so that would be rather pointless. You can expect the same performance from the pre-out as from the headphone out.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I know that supplies of the L30 might be running short and so the quoted dates might end up being accurate. However I ordered a D10s from Shenzhen through Amazon with similarly long expected delivery dates and it arrived in the UK within 5 days.

CerealKiller

The pre-outs are still the same amplifier, so that would be rather pointless. You can expect the same performance from the pre-out as from the headphone out.
Oh ok I didn't realize that, are you sure pre outs are not before the actual amplifier?

XeNoNF50

If you order from Shenzhen Audio on Amazon you should get within 7-9 days, that's my experience, sometimes quicker. The ball ache arises when you have to do a return, has to go all the way back to China before you get your refund.

yavormoskov

I am curious if the preamp on L30 is active, so I can control my speakers volume from the amp itself or just passive line-out? I have Topping D50S and I did not buy the matching Topping A50 amp because it is just passive line out.

nck045

Does it make sense to get this mainly as a preamp with volume control for my power amp?

Top Bottom