• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yuno

Why no one doing headphone measurements with different amps to see if anything changes ?
Because measuring things with AP rig makes much more sense and can provide the level of standarization that will not be possible when measuring headphones.

Tup3x

The three gain settings are sweet and each of them make sense. Really happy to see -9dB gain option and obviously unity gain. E30 and L30 sure is a nice combo... I'm going to wait and see how Fiio K7 turns out though since it would be rather perfect combo device if it performs well. It's likely going to be noticeably more expensive but the all in one nature is just more practical.

Last edited:

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Because measuring things with AP rig makes much more sense and can provide the level of standarization that will not be possible when measuring headphones.
Yeah but measuring headphones will show if it matters or not.

odyo

The three gain settings are sweet and each of them make sense. Really happy to see -9dB gain option and obviously unity gain. E30 and L30 sure is a nice combo... I'm going to wait and see how Fiio K7 turns out though since it would be rather perfect combo device if it performs well. It's likely going to be noticeably more expensive the all in one nature is just more practical.
Damn it looks promising. If doesnt have any flaws, measure like e30 and thx amps all in one package below $350 acceptable.

odyo

Can't wait to see silver box and stack photos.

Dhd

Great specs and beautiful design! Take my money :D! When is it going to be available on taobao?

Veri

Master Contributor
Great specs and beautiful design! Take my money :D! When is it going to be available on taobao?
When it's ready :p ... probably have to be a bit patient since A90 has only just hit the market!

rupert3k

Frothing at the mouth for this

OP
WoodyLuvr

WoodyLuvr

As of 3 JULY it is already in production!

1594254713100.png

OP
WoodyLuvr

WoodyLuvr

Apologies to all. I can no longer update and/or edit the original posts in this thread due to a new "30-minute editing time limit" rule being enforced. Wish they would allow OPs to have more control of their own threads like in this case... oh well it is what it is.

Thread Now Closed.

Last edited:

toukolou

Topping L30 Linear Headphone Amplifier NFCA 3500mWx3500mW HiFi Stereo Home Audio Amplifier Desktop Preamplifier (Black)
by Dilvpoetry

Price: CDN$ 199.99 & FREE Shipping
Get a $15 Amazon.ca Gift Card instantly, plus up to 5% back for 6 months after approval for the Amazon.ca Rewards Mastercard.
Pay $199.99 $184.99 for this order after approval.
Color Name: Black

Black
CDN$ 199.99

Silver
CDN$ 199.99
It will ship by fast DHL!!! ♫ TOPPING L30 HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER: Support 6.35 / 3.5mm headphone output. 3500mW x 3500mW. NFCA modules. Suitable for almost kinds of earphones. E30 DAC's good partner.
♫ ULTRA-HIGH PERFORMANCE NFCA MODULES: High output current drive capability allows the amp driving low impedance headphones with ease. 0.3uV ultra-low noise , 141dB dynamic range. Darkest background.
♫ WIDE RANGE OF ADAPTATION TO HEADPHONE: It easily drives power-hungry headphones with a wide range of different impedanc. L30 has a high voltage swing of 26vp-p, power of 3500mW perchannel when both channels are driven and output impedance of less than 0.1Ohm.
♫ 3 STEP GAIN SETTINGS: Adapt to various sensitivities. L30 is equipped with three gain settings of-99db/0d B/9.5db. Wide range of gain settings and the 0. 3uVrms ultra-low noise makes L30 easily adapt to all types of headphones from extremely sensitive EMS to most power demanding full-sized over-ears.
♫ EXCELLENT PREAMP: The NFCA modules of L30 are not only able to drive the headphones but also apply to be a preamplifier with the same ultra-high performance. When it is in preamp mode, output impedance is as low as 20ohm, which is widely suitable for various devices.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Yeah but measuring headphones will show if it matters or not.

I have measured headphones with different amps.
As long as the frequency response is 'flat' and the output resistance is low there are no measurable differences between amplifiers.
Given that distortion of amplifiers (certainly this one) is literally hundreds to thousands of times smaller than the best headphone you can't even see measured differences between amps unless they are above 0.03% or so.

Even when the output resistance is higher you won't be able to measure differences between amps with the headphone in your avatar.

With other headphones on high output resistance amplifiers there can be substantial difference in frequency response. Depending on the headphone, its impedance and output resistance.

Last edited:

MSTARK

Hi everyone. I have a two part question that will apply to my personal setup.
Between AM01 Headphone Amp from F.Audio (on Drop) and Topping L30, which amp has more favorable spects to drive low impedance planar magnetic headphones such as LCDX? And second question: what can I expect by using tube preamp in audio chain with L30 amp? I'm assuming that coloration is the obvious one but any advantage of an extra gain? Thanks.

Top Bottom