• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping EX5 quieter after EQ mishap

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Wouldn't hurt to try out the 560S as well, fwiw.

Also if its hearing loss it may only be temporary. In the course of working on cars I have had unplanned "incidents" that resulted in temporary hearing loss, but after a few days it resolved. If you plan to get a hearing test ASAP, it might not hurt to book a follow-up if the first one shows any issues as the issues could resolve spontaneously over time.
Same, especially after a weekend at the races haha

OP
Ilkless

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What ever happened to you? Did you go to the Dr? Did your hearing come back?

Seems to be mostly fine with slight depressed sensitivity in the region. Have replaced my Topping stack for peace of mind as well. Always had tinnitus anyway. Thanks for checking in!

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Seems to be mostly fine with slight depressed sensitivity in the region. Have replaced my Topping stack for peace of mind as well. Always had tinnitus anyway. Thanks for checking in!
Well I'm glad you didn't lose your hearing! Did you get another Ex5 now?

Top Bottom