• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping EX5 or DX5?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On looks alone the EX5 would be my choice. I bought one for my son and he loves it.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Does this invalidate the tests conducted by Amir if that's the case?
Amir's THD+N vs Voltage vs Load sweeps have been sketchy in the past and still rarely match his THD+N vs Power graphs.
Wolf's sweeps haven't given me as much reason for doubt yet.
I don't know where the truth lies in this case. I'd have to measure a DX5 myself to tell.

OP
drummerdimitri
Amir's THD+N vs Voltage vs Load sweeps have been sketchy in the past and still rarely match his THD+N vs Power graphs.
Wolf's sweeps haven't given me as much reason for doubt yet.
I don't know where the truth lies in this case. I'd have to measure a DX5 myself to tell.
Interesting. Guess I'll just have to take your word for it. Either way as mentioned above 200 mW or so should get me to around 120dB SPL so plenty loud enough for most listening except for very loud and fast transients usually found in orchestras and live performances.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another contender...

SMSL C200 https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/aoshida-smsl-c200-review-dac-amp.36850/

index.php

OP
drummerdimitri
I decided to purchase an SMSL SU-9n DAC for now as I don't need a HP amp currently but in case I do, I will then have the budget for an amp of similar caliber.

Top Bottom