• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E70 volume control issue with iOS

Circle

Hi all,

I recently got a Topping E70 to upgrade my old EX5.

I found when I have my iPhone (or iPad) connected to E70, I can still control the volume on the phone.
But when I connect to EX5 or the DACs I used before, the volume control on the system will be locked and can't be adjusted.

I wonder if this is a bug on E70?

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Is this a UAC1 vs UAC2 issue?

staticV3

Master Contributor
If your iPhone or iPad continues to have volume control when it's plugged into a DAC via USB, then that means that the DAC supports UAC2 Hardware Volume control.

If you plug in a DAC and the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone/iPad stop working, then the DAC does not support UAC2 Hardware Volume.

Afaik, there is no way of disabling volume control on the iPhone/iPad in case the DAC supports that.

OP
Circle

Circle

If your iPhone or iPad continues to have volume control when it's plugged into a DAC via USB, then that means that the DAC supports UAC2 Hardware Volume control.

If you plug in a DAC and the volume buttons on the side of your iPhone/iPad stop working, then the DAC does not support UAC2 Hardware Volume.

Afaik, there is no way of disabling volume control on the iPhone/iPad in case the DAC supports that.
Oh, I see.

So, does that mean the volume I controlled on the phone is not the phone's volume but actually the DAC's volume?

Top Bottom