• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It isn’t like there aren’t any reviewers out there who have had both DACs in their listening presence, and have heard differences between the two. Refer to them as shills if you want, but their analyses have been consistent in describing the character of those differences…

… how many consistent analyses do you need?
Placebo effect is extremely real, if you expect to hear something, you tend to hear it.

Sokel

Master Contributor
everything else you said is based on assumptions which evaluate to false : )
Everything I said is based on their measurements but if you like to prove me wrong with a nice controlled double blind test I'll be happy to admit it.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reports? or report? I've only seen one so far.
No idea, it was supposed to be an emoji symbolizing laughter...no offence for using an emoji I just thought the reaction in the initial comment was funny...

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
George Costanza
copilot-style-201410-1412618631346_seinfeld-velvet.gif
:cool:

JSmith

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sarcastic, maybe????
perhaps. if so perhaps a winking emoji would be in order? I guess the smiling-widely-emoji didn't clue me in. I'm getting old for sure.

Reactions: GPJ

MadMaxx

Apos Audio is running a sale on the E70 Velvet for just $382 shipped. Tough to find a better dac for the money.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, sorry- misread your post. I'd love a E70 Velvet but have so many DACs now it's ridiculous.

MadMaxx

Not really though when you consider the only main difference is ESS vs AKM and the word velvet. :p

JSmith
I think you fail to grasp the monumental impact of adding Velvet to the name of the AKM version. ;):facepalm:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The E70 is $296. The E70 Velvet is $382. Excellent prices for both dacs.

At those prices I couldn’t pass them up. I just ordered both. Plan to perform a level matched comparison through my Benchmark HPA-4 using both headphones and speakers. Anyone interested in a gently used DX7 Pro? I’m posting it for sale when I get these.

Martin

raif71

Major Contributor

When one gets the E70, this is the best song to complement your new purchase. In addition to the velvet smoothness, you get the blackest background to differentiate between silence and when there's sound. :p

Top Bottom