• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E50 vs Schiit Modius, which one do you recommend?

baribari

hello. I Bought a Schiit Magnius a few days ago.

The dac currently in use is IFI idsd bl ,
The headphones I'm using are Aeon Closed.

I'm thinking of using a full balanced cable.
I'm debating whether to buy the Topping E50 or the Schiit Modius.

I would like to know which product is better to buy and why.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't recommend a Topping product due to the warranty service issues that have occurred over the recent months. People have endured long waits for communications, very high shipping expenses for sending failed product to China and in some cases they have apparently had no communication.

Schiit seems to be or is apparently more reliable and has some very cool models with features that usually come with a much higher priced unit.

Recently I ordered a DAC from JDS Labs and a headphone amp from Schiit and both required 3 business days from the USA Fedex'd to me in Canada.

If you buy from Schiit you will have better service and a 2 year warranty with RMA domestic shipping costs at a rate that is economical and affordable.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had both and really like the E50, but buy it with a credit card that doubles the warranty, and Apos is the place to get it since they warranty it out of California and any other place you could be in for a real hassle the previous poster mentioned.
The Modius will look better, but the e50 display is handy. Just base it on features since they both sound the same. If you don't want MQA or Bluetooth then it's just up to the display and aesthetics.

OP
B

baribari

I've had both and really like the E50, but buy it with a credit card that doubles the warranty, and Apos is the place to get it since they warranty it out of California and any other place you could be in for a real hassle the previous poster mentioned.
The Modius will look better, but the e50 display is handy. Just base it on features since they both sound the same. If you don't want MQA or Bluetooth then it's just up to the display and aesthetics.
thank you
I don't need MQA and Bluetooth. If both are at the same level of performance, would the e50 be better?

OP
B

baribari

I can't recommend a Topping product due to the warranty service issues that have occurred over the recent months. People have endured long waits for communications, very high shipping expenses for sending failed product to China and in some cases they have apparently had no communication.

Schiit seems to be or is apparently more reliable and has some very cool models with features that usually come with a much higher priced unit.

Recently I ordered a DAC from JDS Labs and a headphone amp from Schiit and both required 3 business days from the USA Fedex'd to me in Canada.

If you buy from Schiit you will have better service and a 2 year warranty with RMA domestic shipping costs at a rate that is economical and affordable.

Thank you

But I forgot to say. I don't live in the US so the warranty doesn't mean much.

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Keep the Modius. Better customer service and warranty support. There also appears to be less anecdotal reports of failures for what that's worth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom