• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping e50 / l50 popping issue windows 11

beetleburper

Hi everyone

I recently bought a e50/l50 and i have a issue with the sound popping randomly within windows if im playing sound it doesnt pop or crackle but if im just surfing the web ill constantly hear little pops most of the time but ive also noticed halo infinite sound crackles and pops uncontrollably.

Uninstalling topping drivers fixes the issue within halo and reduces the popping noises within windows any thoughts ??

Im using balanced cables have latest firmware installed 1.06 ive tried different usb ports also tried powering dac with apple phone charger.

OP
B

beetleburper

I found a solution to the popping noise that happens randomly every 3 to 5 mins while just using windows is this app seems to play a silent sound continually in the back ground keeping the dac active http://veg.by/en/projects/soundkeeper/ credit to Timekeepsonslippin on reddit for posting it.

Ill keep my journey posted as ive ordered rca cables, xlr 4 pin for headphones, power supply for dac and lastly a usb pci express card to see if any of these solve the issue.

But running the soundkeeper app when windows starts has solved the issue wish id found that lol before ordering all the things above.

Lastly im running a new computer so issue isnt the pc being old its a rtx3080, 12700kf, 32gb ram and samsung 980pro nvme drives with a sata drive for storage.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Still pops on new motherboard kinda just given up.
Let me guess: It's an AMD system? If so, check how old the BIOS is. Ideally you want a version with AGESA 1.2.0.7 in order to address the fTPM issue as well, which generally won't be any older than April of this year.

If that doesn't help, I would get and run Latency Monitor, maybe you can spot the culprit like that. From experience, the most likely to not play nice are GPU, WiFi and Ethernet drivers.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try adjusting the buffer to 512 or 1024, or more.

OP
B

beetleburper

Let me guess: It's an AMD system? If so, check how old the BIOS is. Ideally you want a version with AGESA 1.2.0.7 in order to address the fTPM issue as well, which generally won't be any older than April of this year.

If that doesn't help, I would get and run Latency Monitor, maybe you can spot the culprit like that. From experience, the most likely to not play nice are GPU, WiFi and Ethernet drivers.
Nar it's a Intel system 12th gen 12700kf virtually my issue is exactly the same as this post except I'm using a e50/l50

Rescue911

windows 11 - this is universal evil!​

It is strange that people are happy to use unfinished things.
Go to 10 and forget all the problems.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Nar it's a Intel system 12th gen 12700kf virtually my issue is exactly the same as this post except I'm using a e50/l50

Ah, now that's a different story. Have you tried going down the rabbit hole of USB power saving then? There also is a setting for "selective USB power saving" in power plan settings, don't forget that.

If you can't sort it out any other way, I'd try a powered USB hub.

OP
B

beetleburper

Ah, now that's a different story. Have you tried going down the rabbit hole of USB power saving then? There also is a setting for "selective USB power saving" in power plan settings, don't forget that.

If you can't sort it out any other way, I'd try a powered USB hub.
Ive tried using a iphone plug still the same issue tried disabling usb power saving settings also bought and tried a 5v power plug :(.

Kanethered

I'm currently experiencing the same problem with my brand new PC for a month. I installed every latest i/o, chipset driver, and bios, and did everything suggest by the internet so far, but this problem still crawling back makes me crazy! D: The funny thing is, this didn't happen at all on my old Sandybridge PC which was more than 10 years old!

Spec
i5 12600KF
ASUS Z690M PRIME D4
DDR4 8GB
DAC Topping E30

Bleib

Major Contributor
Topping EX5 on Windows 11, it seems CPU cycles and / or queues created on the USB creates this issue. I simply connected the DAC using optical and the problem is now gone.

Too high volume from the DAC can also create distorsion in the receiving amplifier.

OP
B

beetleburper

Yeah im not sure what it is no form of magical volumes, power plugs or settings seem to help.

I've just accepted it for now the audio is clear while playing so I just don't put on my headphones till music is playing lol problem solved.

OP
B

beetleburper

Topping EX5 on Windows 11, it seems CPU cycles and / or queues created on the USB creates this issue. I simply connected the DAC using optical and the problem is now gone.

Too high volume from the DAC can also create distorsion in the receiving amplifier.
I don't have any distortion sounds are clear

Bleib

Major Contributor
I don't have any distortion sounds are clear
It's a separate issue I'm having, so I lowered the volume from the DAC a bit.

But the main problem that is brought up in this topic I think has to do with how USB operates.
When I had USB connected and sound through and loaded a game like Dying Light 2 the sound got a lot of problems during the loading. Optical as said solved it.

Top Bottom