• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 - when input sample rate changes: no sound

Edvard

Dear fellow music lovers,

Since a few month I use a Topping E30 in dac modus in my music system. I ‘m very content but for one thing. I have to switch the input back and forth in order to hear music when the sample rate of the signal changes.

Let’s give an example. The streamer (Logitech squeezebox touch) is connected to the e30 by usb. When I listen to a 24/96 music file and the next one is 44/16, I have to switch to for example coax and then back to usb manually in order to hear sound.

Does anybody know how to change that behaviour? The Topping’s I mean, not mine…

Thanks!
Edvard

JamesYeomans

Forum Donor
Are you able to replicate this issue with a different source (e.g. PC)?

OP
E

Edvard

Are you able to replicate this issue with a different source (e.g. PC)?
Nope, I haven’t. But if it doesn’t work there as well, does it mean the dac is broken?

Well, lets check it first.

Thanks.

OP
E

Edvard

Nope, I haven’t. But if it doesn’t work there as well, does it mean the dac is broken?

Well, lets check it first.

Thanks.
Today, I tried to replicatie the issue with a laptop. A known issue occured: the E30 showed 48 the whole time. Then I followed some steps I got from threats on ASIO and WASAPI in ASR. But I'm not sure I did it all correct, because nothing happened. Fortunately I kept hearing music... but experiencing the same problem.

Anyhow, I'm thinking what this exercise is going to help me. I can hear the different sample rate, so that part works. It's the need of shifting between inputs I want to get rid of...

OP
E

Edvard

This moring I tried a sotm sms200neo with squeezelite and switching between the different files worked as it should be. Maybe I'll keep the sotm. The STB plays up to DSD64, the sotm up to DSD256.

slartibart

Dear fellow music lovers,

Since a few month I use a Topping E30 in dac modus in my music system. I ‘m very content but for one thing. I have to switch the input back and forth in order to hear music when the sample rate of the signal changes.

Let’s give an example. The streamer (Logitech squeezebox touch) is connected to the e30 by usb. When I listen to a 24/96 music file and the next one is 44/16, I have to switch to for example coax and then back to usb manually in order to hear sound.

Does anybody know how to change that behaviour? The Topping’s I mean, not mine…

Thanks!
Edvard
I just saw your post months too late. I saw the same behaviour using the USB of the Touch into the E30. I put it down to an issue with the EDO software. I started using piCorePlayer on a Pi3B and that worked perfectly. You aren't alone. If you are on the slimdevices forum I think I mentioned it there

Top Bottom