• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 Question

HLSY

I am using the e30 with a rpi4b (usb), running IDPi as a dlna renderer with Jriver media server. Everything works well. The pi is set to native DSD, with bitstreaming, sounds great. On a whim, I tried turning off native DSD to check out DoP and it didn't work! Just hiss.. The e30 works fine with Dop on my mac. So I tried a Sabaj Da3 with the Pi, It works in both native and Dop modes. Is there a configuration to add to the pi or some update that will give me dop? I'm not sure if I will need it to work on the e30, but I was thinking of adding a digione, which I would use coax to the e30. I would be more comfortable pulling the trigger knowing that DoP is working with all devices. Anyone having similar issues? Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Vortex

I'm pretty sure it's a software issue, my E30 does NOT switch to DoP on Linux (Debian Testing) + JRiver MC29, although I'm not using it.
(Why at all, right ?) It only displays the ultra high PCM bit rates and there's no sound at all.
For me it's fine, never using DoP and the thing sounds fantastic.

However....
I was thinking of adding a digione, which I would use coax to the e30

Maybe worth to check this out on Topping's website, at the bottom.

2660674.jpg

I think the "problem" is solved. ;)

Top Bottom