• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 problems

Hello everyone, I am having issues with my Topping E30.
While connected to my Macbook Pro 15, the E30 switches to 44.1PCM (while playing spotify) and it sounds louder (with a smaller smeared soundstage)
than when connected to my Windows laptop where it switches to 48.0PCM (while playing spotify) and it sounds more controlled with a better center image and soundstage. Spotify on both computers are set the exact same settings. What can be causing this? Driver issues on the MAC side of things?

v5cvbb

I don't know the first thing about any Apple product, so I can't help there.

I downloaded some high rez demos today on my Win10 laptop. When playing them I was still getting 48.0pcm displayed on my new E30. With some online help I found the audio settings in Windows. The E30 now shows whatever I chose on the laptop.

Maybe Apple has similar settings.

bokolobs

Did you check the Audio MIDI Setup outputs? It's in the Other in Applications. Or just search for it in Spotlight. You can then set the output format.

Last edited:
Top Bottom