• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

Rate this DAC

• 1. Poor

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • 3. Fine

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • 4. Great

Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters
OP
R

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
in the end sinad/thd vs frequency is a much more interesting test than a simple sinad at 1khz and shows the whole limit of this "so limited" measurement ... a pity that it is similarly considered just because it can give "a number" :(

example
Multitone also gives you that (and is more easily readable, IMO).

The SINAD number is, as @amirm repeated several times, an indicator of good engineering, and, therefore, a good predictor of good overall performance.
As is the case here.

morillon

Major Contributor
Multitone also gives you that (and is more easily readable, IMO).:confused:

The SINAD number is, as @amirm repeated several times, an indicator of good engineering, and, therefore, a good predictor of good overall performance.
As is the case here.
I know well for multitones .. thank you pkanes !
I just point out that the approach at just 1khz is extremely limited, or in the end practically irrelevant..the proof...etc

there is nothing of such a rigorous approach, an observation on just a plot...

ps I just wanted to know if you could do this type of sweep with the different filters in this specific case..besides amirm does it too... ;-)
just surprising not to stay in db...usual observation on "asr" and therefore better understand here...
example

etc

Last edited:
OP
R

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

marcom22

Fantastic work and great DAC (at this price is really a stunning equipment). Thanx-X man for this your effort, you replicate Amir's graphs at the best.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Two more questions. What output IC does topping e30 II lite use ? Is it a lm4562 or Opa1612 ?

Can you show a picture of the supplied remote ? Is it the same as for e30 II , or is it cheaper and smaller ?

Last edited:

morillon

Major Contributor
I've added the details for each single measurement at the end of the second post
thank you for your rigor ;-)
(ps I maintain that the thd/thd-n/sinad vs frequency sweep is much more more interesting than a simple 1khz.. na.. ;-) who can now as it is expected by many to be a real "trompe l'oeil"... as many situations of this kind can be a huge bias...)

TNT

Here is a review and measurements of the recent

Filters comparison

NB: Black plot is F6
It would have been "better" to set the green vertical line at fs/2 i.e. 22,05 kHz.

//

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If this isn’t proof that DACs are a solved problem at all price levels, then I don’t know what is. Maybe a dongle with this level of performance would convince naysayers that it’s not necessary to spend big buck on DACs.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If this isn’t proof that DACs are a solved problem at all price levels, then I don’t know what is. Maybe a dongle with this level of performance would convince naysayers that it’s not necessary to spend big buck on DACs.
Like this?

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like this?
Not exactly. I was thinking about something more like the Apple and Google dongles for $9.00. If dongles in that price class reached this level of performance, then the naysayers would have to shut up.

Last edited:

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Not exactly. I was thinking about something more like the Apple and Google dongles for $9.00. If dongles in that price class reached this level of performance, then the naysayers would have to shut up.
I mean already for $90 it shows that DAC's don't need to be expensive to be good.

Top Bottom