• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 103 31.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 186 57.2%

• Total voters

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was using two E30s, but after purchasing an additional E30ll, I was surprised at the difference in sound quality between the two.
The evolution from E30 to E30 ll is big.
Big? How is that possible?

Toku

Major Contributor
Big? How is that possible?
It seems that my English expression was not accurate.
I just wanted to say that you can actually feel a clear difference in sound when comparing the E30 and E30 ll.

Veri

Master Contributor
I just wanted to say that you can actually feel a clear difference in sound when comparing the E30 and E30 ll.
It was clear Toku :) I think @Rottmannash is just sceptical, big change! Really.

Last edited:

linuxfan

Toku, I know you have tried many Class D amplifiers, and I appreciate your reviews of these.
I would be interested to know what speakers you have.

You're on the wrong forum, by the way.

blues66

Did I write something wrong???

Don't any of you topping users have any answers to my elucidations?

i am amazed

Veri

Master Contributor
Hi all, I have 3 questions for you
windows 10 LTSB in use

1) when installing the drivers, the Topping E30 II must remain off, or on :rolleyes: what is the procedure to follow ?
and if I have to install a new driver do I have to delete the old one? , or I'll rewrite it above

2) once in DAC ONLY MODE, how do you go back to PREamplifier status?

3) must he be burn in ?

Thank you
1) doesn't really matter. you can leave it off
2) umm I suggest perusing the manual?
3) no

blues66

@Veri hi, forgive me but in the manual, I only read how to set it up as a DAC , but not how to return to PRE mode
can't I see it?

Veri

Master Contributor
@Veri hi, forgive me but in the manual, I only read how to set it up as a DAC , but not how to return to PRE mode
can't I see it?
You are using the remote? If I recall correctly it was really easy with the remote.

staticV3

Master Contributor
can't I see it?
Screenshot_20230317-213740__01.jpg

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
can't I see it?
Accoridng to the E30 II manual:

First, enter the setup mode: In the standby state, press and hold the multi-function touch button on the front panel for 5 seconds to enter the setup menu.

Second, with the remote control, press the volume up/down button to get to the output mode setting which will display the value “m-d” as the device is in DAC mode (fixed max output value). Then, press the left/right button to ser this parameter to the m-p” preamp volume adjustable value.

Third, press the OK button and the E30 II displays “8-8” indicating that the settings have been saved.

blues66

@Ahmonge Thank you, I understand ... now with yours and the help of @staticV3 where I had already thanked, in the previous post
Mine was an answer to @Veri , nothing more ! !

Thanks again to all of you.
now i have another question if I use topping as a smooth DAC, the Volume ? is adjusted by the PC Music Player ?

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
if I use topping as a smooth DAC, the Volume ? is adjusted by the PC Music Player ?
It is a possible option, but I would adjust it in the amplifier to which the DAC is connected, so as not to alter the digital signal.

blues66

@Ahmonge ok thanks, then it's not possible for me ,Unfortunately I don't have a separate PREamplifier
I could intervene first, on the Gain / Volume of the Active speaker Yamaha HS80M, lowering it all at the beginning and then increasing it, slowly

this could be an idea

Anderlfs

I used a fast charger with my Sony Pha-2a dac/amp and now the unit is unusable anymore. Cannot be charged. Usually when charging one should see a blinking red light but now it is a blinking amber light and when I switched on the unit, there is no more power (no green light). Avoid fast chargers :facepalm:
Did you use this fast charger along with smartphones or other stuff? Which brand was It? Maybe It was not reverting to 5V when disconnected.

raif71

Major Contributor
Did you use this fast charger along with smartphones or other stuff? Which brand was It? Maybe It was not reverting to 5V when disconnected.
It's a no brand charger but there is a "budi" that's written on it. I don't think I was using it before charging the dac/amp and it was such a good dac/amp :confused:

Hapo

Accoridng to the E30 II manual:

First, enter the setup mode: In the standby state, press and hold the multi-function touch button on the front panel for 5 seconds to enter the setup menu.

Second, with the remote control, press the volume up/down button to get to the output mode setting which will display the value “m-d” as the device is in DAC mode (fixed max output value). Then, press the left/right button to ser this parameter to the m-p” preamp volume adjustable value.

Third, press the OK button and the E30 II displays “8-8” indicating that the settings have been saved.
...I might be sending mine back, eh...I haven't actually tried to do anything with it yet...

...methinks it is in preamp mode, which I perhaps should change...we will see how that goes...

...I just sent back a pair of SVS 2000 Pros and got a pair of SVS SB 2000's instead...

...I wanted simple control knobs, not DSP buttons and lights and arcane procedure protocols...

5565666_300.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom