• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 II DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 103 31.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 186 57.2%

• Total voters

conuss

With the E30 ll, especially when playing DSD and then playing PCM768kHz files, the problem occurs at a rate of 80-90%. Loud noise completely drowns out the music.
PCM 768kHz playback is only used for equipment testing, so I'm patiently waiting for Topping's firmware update.

But repeating the same mistakes over and over again is a problem for the company.
It does not matter what PCM 768 kHz is used for. IMPORTANT that what is claimed is not being done!
I wonder how many heated speeches the manufacturer has made here about output quality control!!!! Lies like he breathes, isn't it a shame?
Although..., in fact, no one has forbidden the number of reincarnations limit, so we have to wait for the third!!!! ))

Toku

Major Contributor
It does not matter what PCM 768 kHz is used for. IMPORTANT that what is claimed is not being done!
I wonder how many heated speeches the manufacturer has made here about output quality control!!!! Lies like he breathes, isn't it a shame?
Although..., in fact, no one has forbidden the number of reincarnations limit, so we have to wait for the third!!!! ))
Of course, all the functions listed in the spec table must work correctly. It is a matter of course as an industrial product.
That's why I carefully check all items of each manufacturer's products, and when I find a problem, I report it and encourage improvement.
I never allow problems and never compromise.
However, from my experience of researching and developing products at a Japanese manufacturer for many years, I do not attack unnecessarily. I always try to be gentlemanly.

Mihaylov

Maybe a firmware update will fix it.
Absolutely. All this is solved at the software level, namely the software management of the registers of AK chips (I do not think that the problem is connected with the AK4493S chip, although anything is possible).

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can certainly expect whatever you want. And you can at least hope it will be the case. But if it doesn't, you're only out a few Supersized meals at Mickey Ds. Right?

Personally, I don't have time for this sort of 'let's scrape the bottom of the pricing barrel, and hope we can uncover a diamond in it', sort of thing. But every consumer ultimately makes his own choices about what he can spend, and what his expectation is.
What I would be out of is something irreplaceable: time. That is exactly why I don't do the same thing that some other folks do; as you say: let's scrape the bottom of the pricing barrel, and hope we can uncover a diamond in it.
If something is extraordinarily inexpensive, then corners are cut somewhere (even if the wages are low).
Longevity and having a product repair/replace infrastructure costs money (as does honesty about the product that you manufacture). If that is not something being paid for upfront then it is also something that is not built into the price and it is MOST LIKELY to be minimal to non-existent.
And that is why, for example, when getting something, throw out the ridiculously high prices from consideration (because they BELIEVE that no one else can be as good or better for the same or less money. I throw out the lowest prices because I don't BELIEVE that a quality product can be built with a great [& high quality support structure] for little or nothing in financial or time resources.
That still usually leaves me with a large amount of reasonably priced, reasonably supported with quality support, that will likely be there SHOULD you need it in the future.
And that parts will likely be available for some time to come.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does it really matter that much if I constantly replying to comments here?
Perhaps on a semi-regular basis every 2 or 3 weeks would be enough. And not necessarily you, personally. But someone that has had enough direct contact with you to know what they are talking about when responding to queries. Or that we would know that you or someone that has some internal knowledge and is at least checking out what the problem may be. Knowing(BELEIVING in WHAT the SOURCE is TELLING US) from the source (you folks) that the issue (whatever it may be), is being looked into is usually more important than the actual problem being solved. Knowing that it is, in fact, being looked into.

misterdog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
PCM 768kHz playback is only used for equipment testing

So not an issue for 99.9 % of audiophiles.

How much content is released in DSD or PCM 768kHz ?

Topping and the other Chinese audio manufacturers make state of the art audio available to the masses, it comes at a price, with a lack of support.
With regard to lifespan, now that most electronics use surface mounted components, some being the size of a pin head repair is almost impossible, and most everything these days from cars to hi-fi requires a whole new circuit board.

Toku

Major Contributor
So not an issue for 99.9 % of audiophiles.

How much content is released in DSD or PCM 768kHz ?

Topping and the other Chinese audio manufacturers make state of the art audio available to the masses, it comes at a price, with a lack of support.
With regard to lifespan, now that most electronics use surface mounted components, some being the size of a pin head repair is almost impossible, and most everything these days from cars to hi-fi requires a whole new circuit board.
I totally disagree with your thoughts.
As an industrial product, the performance and functions described in the product standard must operate correctly.
I am pointing out that Topping neglects to do so.
If the product specification describes something that doesn't work, it's just a bogus product.

misterdog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My car claims to be able to travel at 100mph yet when doing so it is noisy and uncomfortable.
So I don't.

My LG tv has terrible drop out issues from optical out, into both Gustard and SMSL DAC's, should I blame the DAC manufacturers or LG.. LG would probably claim that most serious users are outputting audio from HDMI these days.

If you reboot between switching from DSD to PCM is there still an issue ?

HappyMetalGuy

My car claims to be able to travel at 100mph yet when doing so it is noisy and uncomfortable.
So I don't.

My LG tv has terrible drop out issues from optical out, into both Gustard and SMSL DAC's, should I blame the DAC manufacturers or LG.. LG would probably claim that most serious users are outputting audio from HDMI these days.

If you reboot between switching from DSD to PCM is there still an issue ?
At least your car is doing it, right? it claims and does!!!

tact70

Hello!
Recently purchased Topping E30 II + L30. Please tell me the optimal settings for rock music.
At the moment, the settings look like this: - 07.5 db PCM (USB) F2 (Slow Roll).
What do you recommend?
Thank you in advance for your help!
IMG_20221022_163202_edit_1952518959918214.jpg

Veri

Master Contributor
Hello!
Recently purchased Topping E30 II + L30. Please tell me the optimal settings for rock music.
At the moment, the settings look like this: - 07.5 db PCM (USB) F2 (Slow Roll).
What do you recommend?
Looks totally fine. Just enjoy the music.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have 4 of your recomended topping dacs should I get this one too? I am now listening to the E50s, sounds is exellent. About balanced out dacs better or just diferent?
Yes, hook them up in series or parallel for best experience! :D:p

Veri

Master Contributor
Do you have a problem with people taking VitD or Quercetin? Do you somehow think that not taking them will be better? There are lots of trials showing the effectiveness of VitD and Quercetin is a very good antioxidant, so what's the issue?
This is so terribly off-topic. The double blind comment was tongue-in-cheek. Take the hint..

Tkay

I ordered the LS30 II for my Drop Closed X headphones, I will wait when it arrives to see if my iFi Micro iDSD still outputs enough on its speaker out to use it as DAC (it seems it broke recently, probably amplifier module). If not, I will look for a DAC. Is it worth spending 100E more on the E50 or should I stick with E30 II ? (I don't use Tidal / MQA and I use my PC as source.)

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
I ordered the LS30 II for my Drop Closed X headphones, I will wait when it arrives to see if my iFi Micro iDSD still outputs enough on its speaker out to use it as DAC (it seems it broke recently, probably amplifier module). If not, I will look for a DAC. Is it worth spending 100E more on the E50 or should I stick with E30 II ? (I don't use Tidal / MQA and I use my PC as source.)
E30 II has great measurements, I'll stick to it, if you think sound is good enough.

Tkay

I don't have the E30 II yet, I only ordered the L30 II, since based on amir's tests its performance is very good. However DAC E30 II was not at the same level so I was thinking if it would be worth skipping E30 II and go straight to E50 and match it with the L30 II amplifier.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
I don't have the E30 II yet, I only ordered the L30 II, since based on amir's tests its performance is very good. However DAC E30 II was not at the same level so I was thinking if it would be worth skipping E30 II and go straight to E50 and match it with the L30 II amplifier.
If your concern is jitter under coax or optical inputs, you can consider D30 Pro.

Tkay

I plan to use it only on USB, so that shouldn't be a problem. Anyone tested E30 II and E50 side by side ?

Top Bottom