• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping e30 dead - Upgrade to?

Looks like my E30 is dead. E - d error. Its out of warrentee and is too expensive to send back. Currently its paired with a Topping L30 and used with 6xx and takstar HF 580 planars.

Im wanting to look for an upgrade path that would work with that. Thinking of replacing the E30 with a Schiit Modi 3+ but that doesnt seem to be much of an upgrade. Could just replace the E30 with another locally sourced one? The second hand market in DACs is not that appealing given the progress made in the last few years.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
The smsl su6 would be a good replacement/upgrade. Review here

OP
K
Hold those thoughts. A bit more googling answered most of my questions. I'll put them here if anyone looks or would like to add.

Soundwise DACs seem to have been figured out. Upgrading might add features/finish/reliability.

Likewise for Headphone amps. The L30 will drive alot of headphones and again you are probably upgrading into better features/finish/reliability rather than sound quality. Im a bit less sure of this statment vs the DAC statement.

Never buy a tube amp.

OP
K
The smsl su6 would be a good replacement/upgrade. Review here
I like that built in power supply!....and its got bluetooth!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Buy a turntable. ;)

There was another member with the same code a while back.

Contact Topping and ask nicely for a replacement.

Top Bottom