• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Pinkerton65

I guess it is indeed concerning, but as I said before, no reason to extrapolate to different products. But better ask if not sure, no problem with that. Just add a source of information next time. Will make is much easier and faster to answer :)

@voodooless
I think you weren't very kind. I asked for opinions from those who know more than me.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Topping does seem to have had some reliability issues with some headphone amplifiers. First the one in the DX3 Pro V1, and now older revisions of the L30(?)

I'd wager it's some unfortunately design choises in relation to the unpredictability of what headphones will be used with the products and how.

I wouldn't worry about the DACs.

Pinkerton65

Presumably a reference to the failure mode on the L30 that's causing a lot of noise over the last several pages of that review thread. 'Explosion' may be too strong a work, but there's at least one charred opamp, and a picture of a destroyed headphone voice coil among the multiple reports of failed amps and blown headphones. Topping are offering to replace L30s from batches before December's production. The situation is still evolving.

But DAC hasn't also an output for headphones? (1000 mW)
Thanks for the kind answers

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@voodooless
I think you weren't very kind. I asked for opinions from those who know more than me.

Sorry, you do your first post on the forum starting with with some outrageous claim without any sources.. I wasn’t very sure if it was a troll or something else. Being a bit blunt usually resolves this question quickly. Luckily it was the latter :)

Pinkerton65

Sorry, you do your first post on the forum starting with with some outrageous claim without any sources.. I wasn’t very sure if it was a troll or something else. Being a bit blunt usually resolves this question quickly. Luckily it was the latter :)

No problems @voodooless, I was in good faith, but it could have been misinterpreted

Asylum Seeker

Is uapp a really a must, specially on Android devices? How much of an upgrade to sq does an app like this do? Because technically every dac installed on Android device will be needing it every time as it is dependent on the Android sound system.
Is it a "must"? No. You can use the Android system driver if you'd like. It'll upscale everything to 48kHz, i believe. UAPP bypasses the Android driver and uses its own.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Is it a "must"? No. You can use the Android system driver if you'd like. It'll upscale everything to 48kHz, i believe. UAPP bypasses the Android driver and uses its own.
Not its own driver, but the lower level interface introduced a few Android versions ago to cover pro audio or low latency requirements. It's a similar situation to WDM vs. ASIO or PulseAudio vs. ALSA.

NemoReborn

hi every1 , im experiencing a problem with my e30 ... as soon as the dac is connected to the pc for either power or usb.
there is a really high pitch sound .. like a ground loop but the sound is different , i would compare the sound as a coil wine sound from graphic card.!?!
its only happening in games , or hvy demanding apps . and as i navigate ingame , the pitch sound change tones.
when i am using spdif , its completly gone.
When i switch to spdif but the usb still connected , the sound is still there. I have to unplug the usb completly to get rid of the sound. Ive tried different usb and its all the same.
The dac dsnt even need to be power on to ear the sound ..

So basicly to get rid of the sound , i had to use a usb phone charger for power and spdif from pc...

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
That sounds exactly like a ground loop issue. The coil wine -like sound when the PC is working hard is a classic symptom.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
You say phone charger + spdif works. Why not just use that? Do you need the spdif output for something else?

Or, you could get your hands on an USB isolator.

Top Bottom