• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As Melody Gardot would say, "black as night" :cool: Nevermind the blue/red, Topping missed the 11.11 & Black Friday windows for such colors.
I paid 425 € for all 4 units (2 stacks) plus short RCA interconnects, when I would have paid 604 € for all that @ Audiophonics.
I would have preferred to buy @ Audiophonics, but not at any price. They offered no discount at all on chinese brands for 11.11.

Turkleton

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience with Aoshida Hifi in Aliexpress? I bought my E30 from them, just got it and tested today - worked alright at first, pulled out the plug and did something else. Switched it on again later, I saw E-d on the display and heard a few pops and smoke started coming out of my E30... Wtf man:oops:

Has anyone had any issues getting an exchange unit? I'd rather not get a refund because I used some coupons to get it a good price... Should I contact Topping directly or just go through the seller?

Surfzm

I have been searching for a dac with remote control to be able to connect it with tv and computer (samsung TV through optical, computer through usb), output to JBL lsr305 Studio monitor.
Will it also be possible to connect headphones ( Sennheiser 58X ) to it through FIIO E11K amplifier https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/48794.html and TOPPING E30 ?)...or I have to buy L30 to do that ?

wasnotwasnotwas

I have been searching for a dac with remote control to be able to connect it with tv and computer (samsung TV through optical, computer through usb), output to JBL lsr305 Studio monitor.
Will it also be possible to connect headphones ( Sennheiser 58X ) to it through FIIO E11K amplifier https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/48794.html and TOPPING E30 ?)...or I have to buy L30 to do that ?

You are missing a pair of outputs at the back of the e30. It only has one set which your monitors are hogging. But you can buy splitters so each rca out on the e30 splits to 2. Just get the ones with a few cm run of wire, not the L Shaped ones that would get too heavy and crowded round the back of the dac.

NgtFlyer

You are missing a pair of outputs at the back of the e30. It only has one set which your monitors are hogging. But you can buy splitters so each rca out on the e30 splits to 2. Just get the ones with a few cm run of wire, not the L Shaped ones that would get too heavy and crowded round the back of the dac.

I'll confirm this works! Pair of Y adapters will do the trick. The E30 remote works well, too.

Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

OK, but is this to allow two people to listen or for some other experiment?
I hope you can find out the right answer:
A. It's for accurately measuring the number of lost samples during a quick change of headphones​
B. It's for a double blind test... me and my GF, in the dark, with headphones. Hence the double blind.
C. I have 4 ears.​
D. Aliens!​
E. 42​

Taddpole

A. It's for accurately measuring the number of lost samples during a quick change of headphones​
B. It's for a double blind test... me and my GF, in the dark, with headphones. Hence the double blind.
C. I have 4 ears.​
D. Aliens!​
E. 42​

It's C and E isn't it.

half_dog

C. I have 4 ears.​
D. Aliens!​
E. 42​
E

half_dog

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience with Aoshida Hifi in Aliexpress? I bought my E30 from them, just got it and tested today - worked alright at first, pulled out the plug and did something else. Switched it on again later, I saw E-d on the display and heard a few pops and smoke started coming out of my E30... Wtf man:oops:

Has anyone had any issues getting an exchange unit? I'd rather not get a refund because I used some coupons to get it a good price... Should I contact Topping directly or just go through the seller?

I've bought my L30 and E30 from them and no problem so far... Maybe you should contact them :/

threni

Major Contributor
Hoping for a deal closer to 11.11 or black Friday!

A quick heads up - there's 15% off Topping stuff at Amazon.co.uk today:

E30 £93.49
L30 £101.99

Both fulfilled by Amazon, free delivery.

slartibart

A quick heads up - there's 15% off Topping stuff at Amazon.co.uk today:

E30 £93.49
L30 £101.99

Both fulfilled by Amazon, free delivery.
That's a good deal. Almost tempted to send mine back and buy it again but I can't be bothered to pack it up

threni

Major Contributor
That's a good deal. Almost tempted to send mine back and buy it again but I can't be bothered to pack it up
If you bought it recently just ask them via online chat. I always watch stuff I just bought for that reason. You can set a price watch on camelcamelcamel and get an email when the price drops.

slartibart

If you bought it recently just ask them via online chat. I always watch stuff I just bought for that reason. You can set a price watch on camelcamelcamel and get an email when the price drops.
Do you think they would give a discount like that? I did that once with John Lewis but they used to match any price within a certain time period, even their own. I would have thought Amazon's procedures would force you to return it even it is more hassle for everyone involved and they end up with an opened unit.

threni

Major Contributor
Do you think they would give a discount like that? I did that once with John Lewis but they used to match any price within a certain time period, even their own. I would have thought Amazon's procedures would force you to return it even it is more hassle for everyone involved and they end up with an opened unit.

It's been a while and a quick google shows people saying that they've stopped; it was once per account etc. I'd definitely start an online chat and ask very politely!

Top Bottom