• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Hydra

Lots of people asked you for facts. Still all you come with are hypothetical 'what ifs'. Now you come with a 2 dollar versus a million dollar example (which has nothing to do with anything by the way). You are on a scientific forum. If you make a claim you have to back it up with facts and sources. That is how science works. Until now you fail to do so. All you come up with are subjective opinions (mostly by others).

If you want to present subjective impressions as the universal truth this is not the forum for you. You will be like Don Quixote fighting windmills.

aon500

It almost boosts all frequencies,

For me it not boosts all frequencies. Hard to say but I think it feel like the room is more silent.

Why even buy a device with a power section poorly-designed enough to be affected by slightly dirty power?

If you think you're having power issues, why not buy a UPS with pure sine wave output instead?

If there's a difference, show us with measurements. That's why Science is in the forum name. Otherwise, it's just belief.

Incidentally, I used UPS with pure sine wave + 5V mobile adapter at first and now I only use power bank.

I'm happy that my ear is lying to me.

On the other hand why everyone are so sure that their ear is not lying to them when they can't hear the difference.

Last edited:

Hydra

Listen to all the idiots of this forum, you say that there is no difference in the measurements, okay I did not claim otherwise, I say explain to me the change in the sound that I have put IFI Ipower on the E30 , You just say your ear deceiving you, this You cannot say anything other than the absurd things that you cannot explain scientifically, such as a psychoacoustic situation, explain it to me scientifically, then I expect the change in sound then ?

Then you have no respect for the audiophiles who pay thousands of dollars for the slightest change in sound, but you don't know what those Audiophiles think about you anymore :) I'm telling you the fuck off !

Last note : One of those retarded moderators delete my account !

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You cannot say anything other than the absurd things that you cannot explain scientifically, such as a psychoacoustic situation, explain it to me scientifically, then I expect the change in sound then ?

There are lots of studies on psychoacoustics. The great thing is, you don’t need any. Just try a double blind test yourself and try to guess what is what. I bet you’ll come up with a very good excuse not do do it. You can make history though.. you’d probably be the very first human to reliably pick out the iThingy in a double blind test.

Then you have no respect for the audiophiles who pay thousands of dollars for the slightest change in sound, but you don't know what those Audiophiles think about you anymore :)

Why would a bunch of circle jerkers (pardon my French) with to much money deserve any respect? What did they do to earn it? And why would I care what they think of me?

Probably not.. but being civil is kind of mandatory

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's Mr. retarded to you! If you need us to tell you to not type a post here, not sure what else to tell you....

Hydra

B
There are lots of studies on psychoacoustics. The great thing is, you don’t need any. Just try a double blind test yourself and try to guess what is what. I bet you’ll come up with a very good excuse not do do it. You can make history though.. you’d probably be the very first human to reliably pick out the iThingy in a double blind test.

Why would a bunch of circle jerkers (pardon my French) with to much money deserve any respect? What did they do to earn it? And why would I care what they think of me?

Probably not.. but being civil is kind of mandatory
I think all the idiots here can't hear the difference, they think others like themselves and say there is no difference, You are one of those stupid deaf

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think all the idiots here can't hear the difference, they think others like themselves and say there is no difference, You are one of those stupid deaf

Sure, call me names.. that really makes the argument for you. The only one really deaf here is actually you. Totally deaf to any actual argument or criticism. The fact that you won’t address any of them is quite telling.

Hydra

Sure, call me names.. that really makes the argument for you. The only one really deaf here is actually you. Totally deaf to any actual argument or criticism. The fact that you won’t address any of them is quite telling.
I can hear the difference very comfortably but if you can't hear with your s.hitty ears, it's okay to claim it's psychoacoustics, I suggest you go to the doctor and get the dirt out of your ear, maybe you can hear a little difference after that, but be sure I can hear the difference very well

terasankka

Dear Mr Hydra. This is a Audio SCIENCE Review site. In science you have to provide Scientific evidence that serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretable in accordance with scientific method. ie. here that means measurement, double blind tests etc. Your ears are not scientific evidence. You just provide opinions and those do not count as scientific evidence. There is no reason to get upset and start name calling if you cannot provide any measurement. Your are free to believe what you want, but here we want real proof in measurements.

There are other websites where you can talk your belief systems. Peace and Love. :)

Hydra

Dear Mr Hydra. This is a Audio SCIENCE Review site. In science you have to provide Scientific evidence that serves to either support or counter a scientific theory or hypothesis. Such evidence is expected to be empirical evidence and interpretable in accordance with scientific method. ie. here that means measurement, double blind tests etc. Your ears are not scientific evidence. You just provide opinions and those do not count as scientific evidence. There is no reason to get upset and start name calling if you cannot provide any measurement. Your are free to believe what you want, but here we want real proof in measurements.

There are other websites where you can talk your belief systems. Peace and Love. :)

I am trying to explain that the devices you measure only work on paper, things are different in the real world.

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Look @Hydra, many of use have been there - defending the very people who ripped us off.
The fact is that there is a lot of "snake oil" out there, products that are hogwash - entirely.

Biases and "confirmation bias", are really tricky things.

Often when you hook up a new lets say cable, you are paying attention in a different way than normal. It can make it seem like there is difference even when in fact there isn't one at all- you are just biased and set-up to confirm the benefit.

I reiterate there are countless products out there that are nothing more than a money delivery system for the manufacturer. These products are a rip off and folks here on this forum are trying to help save folks from the SCAM. Not everyone can understand the technology behind a product and therefore it is easy for a manufacturer to pull the wool over many a buyers eyes.

Sadly many of us have had to learn by first buying and believing in these products only to later find out it was smoke and mirrors.

Believe me if many of these products worked the people on this forum would BUY THEM, however they do not so we DO NOT BUY THEM.

In this example I would buy the $2 optical cable.
Donate the $998.
Why get ripped of? Not only am I out $998 for nothing but some honest person(s) out there are also out $998 and some crook has $1000. No, not a good path.

As @infinitesymphony stated optical cables do not transmit audio, they transmit light and using that light transmit digital code in the form streaming frequency's representing lots of 1's and 0's. The cable either works or it doesn't.
There is not a way to make it better.
Ever see the optical cables that transmit ALL of the internet (including you music) in a home based fiber optic internet set-up? EVERYTHING is transmitted perfectly on a very, very, very, very, very cheap cable.

Save you money and learn what is is not real.
Subjective experience is really, really important and can be laser sharp but remember it can also very, very easily be fooled as well.
I am not hydra. But, I am curious. No, I have not seen fiber optic cables from my internet cable company that offered FIOS. The line that connected into my house was connected via telephone line. Do define "very, very, very, very, very cheap". $0.01 per ft?

Last edited:

terasankka

I am trying to explain that the devices you measure only work on paper, things are different in the real world.

I understand that and Yes there are things that cannot be measured (yet), but you are preaching to a wrong choir. This site is about measured differences that is all that matters here. You are a fighting a fight you cannot win. If you cannot show scientific proof, it has no value here. Psychoacoutics is a reall scientific phenomenon and that is probably what is happening to you in the real world.

"Psychoacoustics is the branch of psychophysics involving the scientific study of sound perception and audiology—how humans perceive various sounds. More specifically, it is the branch of science studying the psychological responses associated with sound (including noise, speech, and music)."

Mike-48

I reiterate there are countless products out there that are nothing more than a money delivery system for the manufacturer. These products are a rip off and folks here on this forum are trying to help save folks from the SCAM. Not everyone can understand the technology behind a product and therefore it is easy for a manufacturer to pull the wool over many a buyers eyes.

Yes, it's been said that audio cables are directional. The money flows from you to the manufacturer, not the other way around.

That might even have been said here. So excuse my not crediting the unknown (to me) author.

Hydra

I understand that and Yes there are things that cannot be measured (yet), but you are preaching to a wrong choir. This site is about measured differences that is all that matters here. You are a fighting a fight you cannot win. If you cannot show scientific proof, it has no value here. Psychoacoutics is a reall scientific phenomenon and that is probably what is happening to you in the real world.

"Psychoacoustics is the branch of psychophysics involving the scientific study of sound perception and audiology—how humans perceive various sounds. More specifically, it is the branch of science studying the psychological responses associated with sound (including noise, speech, and music)."
I have been defending this from the beginning, but some people here made fun of saying that your ear is deceiving you, There is a situation that is completely audible and I clearly feel the difference, whether you call it Psychoacoustics or something else, if I feel the difference in the sound I hear and this is what I like. There is a difference to me and the values on paper mean nothing to me

terasankka

I have been defending this from the beginning, but some people here made fun of saying that your ear is deceiving you, There is a situation that is completely audible and I clearly feel the difference, whether you call it Psychoacoustics or something else, if I feel the difference in the sound I hear and this is what I like. There is a difference to me and the values on paper mean nothing to me

Yes, that is psychoacoustics. Happy that it makes you happy. My Atlas cables make me happy and I am 100% sure that the difference can not be measured to basic good quality RCA cables, but I think they are cool and it makes my enjoy my music more. I think we can all now get back on topic, which is the E30 DAC. :)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been defending this from the beginning, but some people here made fun of saying that your ear is deceiving you, There is a situation that is completely audible and I clearly feel the difference, whether you call it Psychoacoustics or something else, if I feel the difference in the sound I hear and this is what I like.

I don't think anyone claimed that you did not hear or feel the difference. I think you actually do genuinely hear it. The real contention here is WHY you do!

And your ears deceiving you might be funny.. People selling you this shit however are not funny. They are deceitful, ingenuine, immoral and borderline criminal.

It is one think to enjoy the things you bought with your own hard earned money for whatever reason. It's another to insight others to give away their money to something that probably does not do anything. And THAT is what this is really about. If people then still buy it and are happy with it..fine by me. At least they got to see an actual scientific arguments as well.

Last edited:

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
I am not hydra. But, I am curious. No, I have not seen fiber optic cables from my internet cable company that offered FIOS. The line that connected into my house was connected via telephone line. Do define "very, very, very, very, very cheap". $0.01 per ft?
Ha, well I am not sure on the exact price.
Surely they are getting a bulk discount.
I'd estimate cheaper in cost than anything we are used to identifying as a "hifi" product.
(Between $0.05 and $0.10 per foot)
The cable that came into my house was very cheap looking, thin, cheap feeling and truly not impressive. Yet it carried all the goods flawlessly, all that data and the net was smoking fast.
Think about it. Incredible technology.
Anyway

Mike-48

People selling you this shit however are not funny. They are deceitful, ingenuine, immoral and borderline criminal.

Perhaps. It's been said, though, there there's no better salesman than a true believer. I for one think that many of the people selling this stuff have come to believe in it. That would make them genuine, though not in fact aligned with the customer's real benefit.

Top Bottom