• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Excellent! @JohnYang1997 Doesn't it make the D50/D50s obsolete, for that matter D70 as well ;)

Balanced outs, aes in for D70, d50s has bluetooth...maybe not obsolete, since they are no less transparent than this one...but nice to see excellent simple new products for a great price.

Not feeling a need to upgrade...

Piotr

I think E30 is a direct competition to very alike but cheaper SMSL SANSKRIT 10Th MKII. Anyone dare to adjudicate which one is technically better?

Visually I like the topping more as the orange LCD is more pleasant and safer for my eyes.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm what is the output impedance? Thanks!

flipflop

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Xyrium

Forum Donor
I really feel like that 4493 is the darling of the AKM line, even though it's aging. There appears to be several companies, including the RME ADI-2 DAC fs, implementing it well.

Xyrium

Forum Donor
Aging? The AK4493 is only a couple of years old iirc :)
Lol..very true. The DAC market moves as fast as the CPU market lately. Slight hyperbole of course...

Music1969

Major Contributor
I believe you can hold the button while power up to enter that mode. If thats not the case it will be described in the manual.

Are you able to get Topping to share a photo of what the display shows when powered in DSD Direct mode?

typericey

Thanks for the review Amir. Can this be used as a DAC/pre? i.e. can the gain be adjusted with the remote?

@vkvedam D70 owner here. D70 has both XLR and RCA so it can be used as a DAC/pre for speakers and sub(s), like how I use them. So not quite obsolete. Though amazing how the E30 is cheaper and smaller with better SINAD. What are obsolete for certain are D10 and D30!

Top Bottom