• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Toku

Major Contributor
Wanting to pick one up but it seems shipping is significantly delayed from China, has anyone bought from aliexpress recently using dhl and received within 2 weeks?
Which shop did you order from?
I arrived in 6 days by DHL in late April when air freight was decreasing due to covid-19. I don't think there will be any major confusion when shipping via DHL or FeDex.
However, it should be noted that, from my experience, purchasing from China does not provide compensation for accidents in transit.

Toku

Major Contributor
I bought it yesterday from Amazon.it, SENT it says.
I bought it yesterday from Amazon.it, SENT it says.
It is safe if the ordered product is sold by Amazon and shipped by Amazon.
If you are purchasing from a shop on Amazon Marketplace, there is a risk because it is shipped from China.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
For EU customers I would just buy it straight from an EU dealer like Audiophonics (I bought mine through a Dutch retailer).

Pulkass

Thanks, I have a Cal Audio Labs dac, an Adcom 600, a Tubed Cambridge dac makic mk ii, a cambridge audio dac ,

Veri

Master Contributor
For EU customers I would just buy it straight from an EU dealer like Audiophonics (I bought mine through a Dutch retailer).
There's a Dutch Topping retailer..?

Toku

Major Contributor
Bought froM Shenzen audio, Marketplace.....
I ordered an SMSL product from Shenzhen Audio, but it has already been two months since I was unable to track my shipments in China.
In the meantime, I made a number of inquiries to Shenzhen Audio and they said they would not compensate for shipping accidents. I am currently in a dispute asking AliExpress to refund me.

mcdonalk

I don't have a spare USB port on my PC. Therefore, I must plug the USB cable into a "wall wart" adapter. Are all such adapters 5V? Is there any adapter that is recommended as being better then others?

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wanting to pick one up but it seems shipping is significantly delayed from China, has anyone bought from aliexpress recently using dhl and received within 2 weeks?
I bought it from aliexpress (shenzen audio store) 1 week ago. They didn't ship it yet.

Koeitje

Major Contributor

mykeldg

I don't have a spare USB port on my PC. Therefore, I must plug the USB cable into a "wall wart" adapter. Are all such adapters 5V? Is there any adapter that is recommended as being better then others?
any apple or samsung charger seems fine

Koeitje

Major Contributor
What an odd website. I get 'not in stock' error on items that are displayed in stock, and I notice product descriptions are very obviously copy-pasted from audiophonics.fr
Its clearly run by people who aren't really experienced with e-commerce and they have a real store. I also bought a turntable from them all the way back in 2011. If their website looks weird it probably because its a small operation ran by not very tech savy people, not because of some malpractice.

https://www.hifistudio79.nl/over-ons/

Last edited:

AndyLu

Forum Donor
Its clearly run by people who aren't really experienced with e-commerce and they have a real store. I also bought a turntable from them all the way back in 2011. If their website looks weird it probably because its a small operation ran by not very tech savy people, not because of some malpractice.

https://www.hifistudio79.nl/over-ons/

Yes I bought my e30 also with this store. On the site it said with the E30 'Ordered now, delivered tomorrow', but that was an error. I mailed customer service and they where very friendly and responsive (their site is maintained by a third party, but they do support themselves). They told me it would take around one to two weeks because they expected a shipment from China. Also they told me I could get my money back because of the wrong info on their site. I told them I would wait and after that they kept me in the loop by mail. After around 1.5 weeks I got the DAC in good shape. The advantage is that their price is including tax and import fees. With Amazon for instance, I have had some very unpleasant surprises (had to pay extra taxes and import fees and all of a sudden my Chinese product wasn't so cheap anymore).
All in all still a good experience with this Dutch shop. They are absolutely trustworthy. Also the warranty goes through them, so I don't have to deal with China when something goes wrong.

Last edited:

inu912

Which shop did you order from?
I arrived in 6 days by DHL in late April when air freight was decreasing due to covid-19. I don't think there will be any major confusion when shipping via DHL or FeDex.
However, it should be noted that, from my experience, purchasing from China does not provide compensation for accidents in transit.
Planning to order from shenzhen audio or aoshida hifi audio; now I’m hesitant on using dhl due to brokerage fees and such, how much extra did you have to pay?

Top Bottom