• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think your conclusion, that it's a waste of money, is pretty spot on:

MLaranjeiras

I think your conclusion, that it's a waste of money, is pretty spot on:

Sure! I got this article. But remains that itch, you know.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I had a Topping P50 Linear Power Supply together with the Topping D50S DAC back in 2018 and, after do not listen any benefit of using is, I sold then both and bought an Topping E30 DAC. Does somebody use a Linear Power Supply together with the DAC and have some experience to share? https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/398304.html
Take a look here,some rough measurement with my Khadas.

(I don't have any issues with my PC thought which is pure luck,other real-life test may be different)

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
But remains that itch, you know.

Well, if you're talking about that insatiable need for shiny new things we all know, then there's probably no cure.

But FOMO, on the other hand, is what ASR is designed to help with :D

Last edited:

kegador

I have the e30. I was looking at some dacs and came across the e50. Its 200 euros. Is it worth to upgrade from the e30 to the e50? My current setup:
PC>e30 via USB>active studio monitors,the mackie mr624 via RCA
I hesitated because i wanted to get rid of USB noise with a balanced DAC, but since i changed my mobo the noise went away. I do have the budget for the e50 but rather have input first from you people.

MLaranjeiras

I have the e30. I was looking at some dacs and came across the e50. Its 200 euros. Is it worth to upgrade from the e30 to the e50? My current setup:
I hesitated because i wanted to get rid of USB noise with a balanced DAC, but since i changed my mobo the noise went away. I do have the budget for the e50 but rather have input first from you people. to friends with Accuphase, Lampizator DAC etc, and they liked It a lot for the price. I had a E30, but I do not relembre its sound vs the E50.

I hesitated because i wanted to get rid of USB noise with a balanced DAC, but since i changed my mobo the noise went away. I do have the budget for the e50 but rather have input first from you people.
Sent my E50 to friends with Accuphase and Lampizator DACs and they liked E50 a lot. I had the E30, but O am not able to remember its sound.

movd

I've had the E30 for about 3 years now and I'm starting to have issues with the right channel going out. Powering it off and back on seems to fix. I've done all the troubleshooting to isolate the issue to the E30.

I guess it is time to get something new, unless anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

movd

Did you try to swap RCA plugs on the E30 to confirm that it is E30 and not something else in the chain?
Yes, I've swapped cables and removed things in the chain. I've had it go to a power amp and changed to a headphone amp and the issue remains so I'm quite confident it is the E30.

Reactions: GPJ

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks alot! I was looking for this in the manual but missed it (which I now see). I'll see how this works out.
Good luck, and welcome to Audio Science Review, hope you enjoy your time here.

Toku

Major Contributor
I've had the E30 for about 3 years now and I'm starting to have issues with the right channel going out. Powering it off and back on seems to fix. I've done all the troubleshooting to isolate the issue to the E30.

I guess it is time to get something new, unless anyone has any suggestions. Thanks
If the FW is V1.08 and does not recover even after a factory reset, I think you can buy a new one.
Recent advances in DACs have been remarkable and if you upgrade from the E30 to the E30 ll or E30 ll Lite, you'll immediately notice the difference in sound quality.
Since you have already been using the E30 for three years, I think replacing it is an option.
I also bought three E30s and have been using them for over two years, but now I have changed to E30 ll.

Attachments

• e30_manual.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 58
  • e30fw108.zip
    187.7 KB · Views: 46

Sokel

Master Contributor
Recent advances in DACs have been remarkable and if you upgrade from the E30 to the E30 ll or E30 ll Lite, you'll immediately notice the difference in sound quality.
That's some serious trolling here :cool::p

Pulkass

I have E30 first edition. Using it in my TV video setup. Not main stereo system.

Jarrett

I dunno, I'm dang happy with my E30. I likely won't consider upgrading until the XMOS 308/316 finds its way into an E30 III

Top Bottom