• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So I understand that android (7.1) in tv box Himedia Q5pro and android 12 in samsung actually resampling to 192 kHz and it is not a display error topping e30?
It is possible. Samsung actually has a selectable upsampling mode (UHQ upscaler) that upsamples to 192 kHz and maybe does something else too.

nsfgp

Hello.
My topping e30 surprised me with the sampling rate of 192 PCM (kHz) under android as source. I was expecting android to resamble everything to 48kHz, and here is such a surprise. This is true both for the TV Box with Android and for the Samsung Note10 smart device. From the Neutron application with "direct usb access" enabled, it shows the correct sampling rate. Is it so in this model or maybe it is some kind of fault.
Try Hiby player ... you have full control how it resamples or not; native DSD, hardware volume control, etc. Works great with E30 and S9.

Dac Visitor

The Interlinks have arrived and are playing. As if an invisible curtain has opened. More definition, more control, much more refinement and air. All that remains is music in its purest form. Fantastic.

kolestonin

I use the two RCA outputs of my Topping E30 to connect my current sub woofer.

What are my wired options in case I want to add a second sub woofer?

Can I hook them up as stereo subs, one channel to each sub?
In this case what will be the drowback in respect of connecting the 2 subs to a DAC with 4 RCA outputs?

misfits73

In order to play iso SACDs or dsf files with foobar,which method do you follow to set it up properly?The one included in the Topping's driver file or the components available at the foobar's page?

Nelaer

In order to play iso SACDs or dsf files with foobar,which method do you follow to set it up properly?The one included in the Topping's driver file or the components available at the foobar's page?
The one included in the Topping's driver file works properly

Pulkass

It s impossible. A friend of mine did it via access to my puter, very complicated, Foobar is almost impossible to set for DSD files. I have bought another dac do 100. Because l needed a fully differential balanced dac, but the problem remains, no software, no help from Foobar, no video. No nothing

staticV3

Master Contributor
Playing DSD in foobar (both DoP and Native) is really not that hard:
Screenshot_20221017-150558_Discord.png

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yes thanks, but there are many tricky passages before that, preferences or something called like that. It s not that simple at all
The steps I sent are literally all there is to it. There are no additional preferences or something.
This friend of mine set it once. But l listen to Tidal, Spotify, my normal files FLAC, mp3 in my puter, after that l could not listen to normal audio. Dsd is occasional.
When set up like in the screenshot, I can listen to MP3s, WAVs, FLACs, DSFs, whatever, without changing settings. And they're all played bit-perfect.

Pulkass

The steps I sent are literally all there is to it. There are no additional preferences or something.

When set up like in the screenshot, I can listen to MP3s, WAVs, FLACs, DSFs, whatever, without changing settings. And they're all played bit-perfect.
Ok thanks l will try.

andrewskaterrr

Yes thanks, but there are many tricky passages before that, preferences or something called like that. It s not that simple at all
When I set it up, I had to download the DSD support plugin, then add it to Foobar2000. Then I think I had to add it as an output option.

Labjr

Major Contributor
Foobar2000 isn't bad once you get it going. However, I've always found it to be a royal PITA to set up. Like entire days of pulling my hair out!

misfits73

Thanks for your replies, i use it basically as i rip my Cds to flac with cue sheets and i find foobar quite easy to open the cue files.
Jriver was so complicated for me, havent tried any other player though

geopapa

This friend of mine set it once. But l listen to Tidal, Spotify, my normal files FLAC, mp3 in my puter, after that l could not listen to normal audio. Dsd is occasional.
Make sure your volume is set to 100% when playing DSD. if it is anything else than that it doesn't work

fritobugger

It s impossible. A friend of mine did it via access to my puter, very complicated, Foobar is almost impossible to set for DSD files. I have bought another dac do 100. Because l needed a fully differential balanced dac, but the problem remains, no software, no help from Foobar, no video. No nothing

Foobar is playing DSF files without issue through the E30. 64, 128, and 256 without any problems.

nsfgp

Using USB on a PC to E30 this is the way I set it up and the easiest with the minimum plugins and config you needed to get/do. Works great for playing Native up to DSD512 which should cover all your needs. (If you really need DSD1024 then you can config/use the DSD Processor plugin to convert it to DSD512 or lower to play). Do not follow/use the stuff included w/ Topping driver (outdated old stuff).

0. Install latest Topping/SMSL/etc. ASIO/XMOS driver for your particular DAC.
1. Get 2 plugin and install: foo_input_sacd(foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component), foo_out_asio+dsd(foo_out_asio+dsd.fb2k-component) from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/
2. Select the "ASIO+DSD: Topping USB Audio Device" as Output Device (select your device if not topping brand).
3. In Tools/SACD tab: Select either DSD or DSD+PCM as Output(Per Device) type at the top. Both works the same in native DSD (w/ only difference you can see the visualization stuff working if you select DSD+PCM). No need to select/config DSD Processor (unless you need to play DSD1024 or anything above your DAC's limit).
That is all you need. No need to config any conversion/transcoding as you want Native DSD only (no DoP or PCM conversion) for the best compatibility.
4. To confirm it is indeed playing in DSD mode and the intended sampling rates open the Topping Driver control panel and confirm w/ the ASIO Status screen while playing.
(included some screen shots below)

1666054125883.png

1666054304432.png

1666054382959.png

Last edited:

Pulkass

Using USB on a PC to E30 this is the way I set it up and the easiest with the minimum plugins and config you needed to get/do. Works great for playing Native up to DSD512 which should cover all your needs. (If you really need DSD1024 then you can config/use the DSD Processor plugin to convert it to DSD512 or lower to play). Do not follow/use the stuff included w/ Topping driver (outdated old stuff).

0. Install latest Topping ASIO driver.
1. Get 2 plugin and install: foo_input_sacd(foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component), foo_out_asio+dsd(foo_out_asio+dsd.fb2k-component) from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/
2. Select the "ASIO+DSD: Topping USB Audio Device" as Output Device.
3. In Tools/SACD tab: Select either DSD or DSD+PCM as Output(Per Device) type at the top. Both works the same in native DSD (w/ only difference you can see the visualization stuff working if you select DSD+PCM). No need to select/config DSD Processor (unless you need to play DSD1024).
That is all you need. No need to config any conversion/transcoding as you want Native DSD only (no DoP or PCM conversion) for the best compatibility.
4. To confirm it is indeed playing in DSD mode and the intended sampling rates open the Topping Driver control panel and confirm w/ the ASIO Status screen while playing.
(included some screen shots below)

View attachment 237772

View attachment 237773

View attachment 237774

Thanks, I have a SMSL do 100 dac, no asio driver available, Tools is a blank page in Foobar !!!!! I have installed

Top Bottom