• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

erikb

Oh no!
Have a new d30 unopen from amazon that just arrived missed this coming. I only care if e30 is better soundwise. Have someone compared the two? Dont know if I should send back the d30 or not?

Veri

Master Contributor
Oh no!
Have a new d30 unopen from amazon that just arrived missed this coming. I only care if e30 is better soundwise. Have someone compared the two? Dont know if I should send back the d30 or not?
e30 is potentially better

mykeldg

Interesting, it has better measurements than the d50s and d70 for a fraction of the cost. So If I dont need the features of the d50s and d70, the E30 is technically the better simple dac?

Veri

Master Contributor
Interesting, it has better measurements than the d50s and d70 for a fraction of the cost. So If I dont need the features of the d50s and d70, the E30 is technically the better simple dac?
D70 BT has much more inputs though. but yes

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Wow .... that is terrible news. These things haven't even fully hit the street and there is a known hardware issue??? :mad: I hate being a beta tester. If they don't make the return process simple as pie, it's unlikely I'll buy another Topping device.

Thanks for sharing your experience Toku!
If you don't encounter issues, why bother. If you encounter the issue then return that unit and get a new one. Simple as that....

Veri

Master Contributor
Thanks for sharing your experience Toku!
The issue Toku has is only with DSD64. If you don't bother with DSD, or don't have DSD64 you won't encounter it.
DSD128/DSD256 and up seems fine.

mykeldg

i see no "hardware" input select buttons. is there a way to change without remote?

what happens if the remote fails? I've already had my d50s remote fail on me in less than 6 months.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
i see no "hardware" input select buttons. is there a way to change without remote?

what happens if the remote fails? I've already had my d50s remote fail on me in less than 6 months.
The only button on the front does the input selection after power on. The remote has input select as well.

vrobec

After all these issues like pops, DSD64 is Topping planing to make v2 E30?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The pop is not a issue. Many other products have this. The pop is only audible when paired with power amp. And the pop is still not loud in that scenario.
The DSD64 is already fixed. New E30 shouldn't have this issue. If you encounter this issue just ask for a new replacement.

vrobec

The pop is not a issue. Many other products have this. The pop is only audible when paired with power amp. And the pop is still not loud in that scenario.
The DSD64 is already fixed. New E30 shouldn't have this issue. If you encounter this issue just ask for a new replacement.

Ok. Nice to hear this. From what serial number is this issue fixed? What to ask when buying?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Ok. Nice to hear this. From what serial number is this issue fixed? What to ask when buying?
I suggest just get one and see if you have the issue. Not all people/ all devices in the first batch encounter the issue.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
You mean gambling? In case of having issues is the returning the device free?
Only small portion of people encounter that issue ever. On the return, as far as I know most places do have free returns.

Toku

Major Contributor
There is no such information.
It seems that many E30s with no problems are on the market, so you can not understand unless you purchase it.

FooYatChong

what happens if the remote fails?

They sell an aluminium remote:
aluminium-remote-for-topping-dx7-dx7s-dx7-pro-dx3-pro-d70-d50s.jpg

Top Bottom